Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitted a Cat bypas pipe

Will G-J

Just finished fitting a cat bypass pipe myself and it was alot of fun.

Most of the bolts couldnt be shifted so i had to dremel them and get replacements and i also had to buy a new O2 sensor as I couldn't get the old one out. Apart from that It was relatively hassel free!

Good sound to - big improvemet on stock exhaust. Just rtoying with the idea of a cup pipe too now!

W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119990

Go for it... you know you want to! And drill a few holes in the air box cover while you're at it!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119992

drilled the airbox the day after I got it!

Think the Cup pipe will have to go on the to do list ( getting longer not shorter)

Need to do the suspension

Respray and paint shield front bumper

Front brake cooling ducts

Xenons

Remove rerar wiper (hasn't worked since nov and I haven't mised it) BTW you know where i can get a cap for the hold in my rear window?

Then maybe cup pipe.

PS. any more pics of ur car Justin - looks good

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119996

To plug the wiper hole you need to get the 944 delete kit

Costs silly porsche money like 35 quid but i'm sure if you looked could do it cheaper. The part numbers are
P477.845.333 Screw (£20.96)
P477.955.439 Grommet (2 reqd, £1.17ea)
P999.707.301.40 O ring (£4.28)
P477.845.331 Washer (£6.13)
PN.011.118.14 Nut (£1.42)

Halford do rubber plugs but i dunno if they would pop out with the windows down at speed

http://p-car.com/diy/rearwiper/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120003

My list is not far off; in order of priority:

RS clutch/flywheel (awaiting delivery!)

Live ECU remap

4pot calipers at the rear and powder coat red

Xenons

High level 3rd brake light

Brake cooling ducts

Dual exhaust

Heres a few pics:

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/farmerplop/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120004

lovely looking car, love the black wheels, and the lower suspension

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120031

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 23 February 2007

To plug the wiper hole you need to get the 944 delete kitCosts silly porsche money like 35 quid but i'm sure if you looked could do it cheaper. The part numbers areP477.845.333 Screw (£20.96)P477.955.439 Grommet (2 reqd, £1.17ea)P999.707.301.40 O ring (£4.28)P477.845.331 Washer (£6.13)PN.011.118.14 Nut (£1.42)Halford do rubber plugs but i dunno if they would pop out with the windows down at speed
http://p-car.com/diy/rearwiper/

Cheers for that simon - more diy to be getting on with!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120150

Will, just be careful with the 964 exhaust... you may not be able to get on at noise sensitive tracks like Bedford...

The 964RS boys have loads of experience in experimenting with different exhaust combos on the 964. It may be worth checking out some of the info on the PCGB website if you are concerned about noise!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120151

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 23 February 2007

My list is not far off; in order of priority:

RS clutch/flywheel (awaiting delivery!)

Live ECU remap

4pot calipers at the rear and powder coat red

Xenons

High level 3rd brake light

Brake cooling ducts

Dual exhaust

Heres a few pics:

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/farmerplop/

Agree with Daz it is a lovely looking car

I'm not sure about the LWF for my car as it's a C4 and I have aircon. I had it regassed not long ago but if it dies again in the near future i'm going to remove it - i'm assured that that along with getting the fan and alternator on the same pulley eliminates the problems of the LWF.

Funny you should mention the powder coating brakes , where are you getting that done. Thinking of getting mine done too. are you getting it done at a body shop or sending them off?

Remap and 3rd breaklight on my list too!

Damn how'd that happen my list just got twice as long!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120154

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 24 February 2007

Will, just be careful with the 964 exhaust... you may not be able to get on at noise sensitive tracks like Bedford...The 964RS boys have loads of experience in experimenting with different exhaust combos on the 964. It may be worth checking out some of the info on the PCGB website if you are concerned about noise!
Yeah jsut took it out for a spin last night and the difference is increadible (sp?). Don't know if I just spent more time in higher revs cos I wanted to hear it but the car seemed to rev alot more freely and go alot better.

Came back through the mersey tunnel too! :twisted:
2nd gear 5-6k rpm

Think I might put the cup pipe on hold untill I get another noise reading at bedford or somewhere.

W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120155

looks pretty good. Might have to drop him a line maybe I can fit a cup pipe after all. cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120202

These people seem to be recommended:

http://www.biggred.co.uk/index.html

Think it works out about £80 - odd for each caliper. Multiply that by 4 and the cost adds up but you do get back completely refurbed and sparkling red calipers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120496

Thanks for that - they seem worth a go.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120639

Jeez my list also just got longer too after reading what you guys are up to.

I've got a G-pipe but still with the original cat and primary silencer, anyone have any idea if that'll be track legal? Sounds bloomin' lovely BTW :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121184

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back