Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pirelli Corsa's

poon

Help,

My RS has Pirelli Corsa's on, they have channels that run along the tyre and I have seen Corsa's that dont like this

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/941d_1.JPG.jpg

what is the difference?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119802

You have the System Corsas (N6) which were OEM on the RS. Same tyre and same compound as the regular Corsas in your photo. System Corsas have the extra channels for rain dispersal.

Your front tyre will be the direczionale which is a different design altogether and is designed to clear the water/path for the rears.

Very good all round track/road tyres.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119808

cheers Ade, knew I could count on you, so the ones in the picture are more for track? Can you still get them in 295/30/18?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119812

The one in your photo is the regular Corsa which is marketed as a pure track tyre by Pirelli. It is available in just about any size you want! (including 295/30-18)

It is a popular wet day track tyre as it offers better grip than MPSCs.

Wet day grip of the normal Corsas is about the same as the R888s.

Wet day grip of the System Corsas is even better.

Corsas get up to temp very quickly and work well "out of the box". They have slightly lower limits than MPSCs and also R888s. But they are very predictable and you will know when they start to overheat as they just get progressively more greasy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119814

so the one in the pic above is a good dry trackday tyre, not too good for general road use.

they would be a good replacement for the ToyoR888's, for road keep my system Corsa's (N6)?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119823

Corsas are ok for regular road use - but only as "ok" as the Toyo R888s in the wet... ie, tread carefully as they are prone to aquaplaning in standing water.

System Corsas are much more resistant to aquaplaning and are a decent road tyre.

As you do quite a lot of road miles, I would just stick to the System Corsas until they run out, then replace them with a set of true road tyres (PS2s) and use one of your spare sets of wheels as your track wheels on which you can mount R888s/MPSCs etc. But if you only have one set of wheels and don't want to keep changing tyres, then the System Corsas are brilliant cross-duty tyres.

Keep a look out for 25% off discounts at Kwik Fit... because the System Corsa is classified as a road tyre (it is OEM fitment), they can be sourced through the likes of Kwik Fit which often have tyre special offers. But you will not find the regular Corsa tyres with the same special offer as it is classified as a motorsport tyre :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119827

Agreed re running road and track tyres, so would the normal Corsa's i.e the ones above be good track tyres, sorry if I am being thick? How much are they?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119832

Yep, normal Corsas are Pirelli's track day tyre. Very good tyre out of the box. IIRC, they're about £900 a set +/-.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119833

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back