Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Rear Diff ?

Daniel

Donnington
I have read that a GT3 needs a new rear diff after every 20,000 miles.. Is this right ? and is there a upgrade, if so whats the cost of the standard and upgraded one ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119651

There is no set mileage interval for replacement of the rear diff plates. It is just another consumable like a clutch plate, and it will wear out depending on usage (and abuse!).

Replacement diff plates are approx £1k depending on what kind of diff plates.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119654

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 22 February 2007

I have read that a GT3 needs a new rear diff after every 20,000 miles.. Is this right ? and is there a upgrade, if so whats the cost of the standard and upgraded one ?
Dan's got the GT3 bug, hee hee!! Buying Poons?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119657

As Ade say's it's dependant on how the car is used / abused but i'd think even hard driven cars should have an lsd which lasts more than 20k.Unless of course the car was used for donuts / drift competitions!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119674

the thing I read said following every 10th Track day, or at 20,000 miles...

GT3 Owners - How many you been though, and how is your car driven ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119682

Dan,

That is abit pessimistic, ring up Steve Mc at JZM and ask him!

FWIW, my car has done 3 trackdays 14000 miles and the diff is fine, it was checked by Steve when my Geo setup was done.

Most of the RS's that are tracked by the Titanic lot are still on their original diffs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119685

Thanks Poon...

Hows the RS ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119687

AFAIK my car is on it's original diff at 50k!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119692

Thanks Dunc..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119694

I changed my diff for the first time at 36k miles and after countless trackdays. When it goes, you will know! (it ain't subtle)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119695

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 22 February 2007

I changed my diff for the first time at 36k miles and after countless trackdays. When it goes, you will know! (it ain't subtle)
Was that changed for a performance, or because it needed to be changed ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119700

And has it made a big difference to the performance ? And did it cost a lot more than the standard diff...?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119911

Must. go. on. don't. lose. the. will. to. liv . . . . . . . . :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119917

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 23 February 2007

And has it made a big difference to the performance ? And did it cost a lot more than the standard diff...?
performance? hell yeah! you can feel the preload and lock much earlier... even going round roundabouts... it can be oversteer city if not careful, but at least in a straight line it hooks up immediately with less swerve...

Cost wise not much more than the standard diff.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120018

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back