Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new C4S!

Robertb

Well, another recruit for the Dark Side...

I am now the proud nearly-owner of a 996 C4S Coupe, 2002, 28k miles, lapis blue with graphite grey hide, sports seats and Bose, 1 yr warranty and a set of new boots from Nick Whale sportscars up in the Midlands.

It will of course be booked in for a PSE in very short order. I also intend to add some bits and bobs inside, e.g. alu or maybe carbon handbrake and gearknob.

Hopefully collecting monday/tuesday next week.

I will be px-ing my Alpina B3S, and selling the 993 Targa separately later this week(which I will sadly miss)

The C4S will be my daily driver/fun car, racking up 15-20k miles a year so it should be an adventure!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119250

Very nice too... Pic's will be nice when you collect her !

Well Done..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119252

Blimey Robert That didn't take long! Congratulations :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119253

Congrats Robert, look forward to seeing some pics. I'm sure you'll be very happy, they are gorgeous - for a 996 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119254

Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely car. Pictures?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119255

Yo do not mess around Robert!

congrats on a great car, i can think of no better daily driver, she will not miss a beat and keep a massive grin on your face to boot.

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119257

Very nice, well done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119260

Another fine decision :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119263

Boo Hiss !!! How could you do such a thing - one less beardy/real aler/sandal wearing/horse brasser ! :eek:

well done though, i s'pose.......... :wink: :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119269

Good move...

Sounds nice - would be one of my preferred choices of colour scheme too. I loved my 993, but the 996 is so much better as a daily driver.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119279

Just had a look at the pics- very nice. I drive past that showroom quite a bit and he always seems to have some nice stock.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119290

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 21 February 2007

Just had a look at the pics- very nice. I drive past that showroom quite a bit and he always seems to have some nice stock.
Just had a look too, thats a lovely colour comb. :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119294

Thanks for the comments- it was certainly interesting driving this one with no PSE as it shows what a fabulous system it is.

It was also useful to ask them to bring it over to my office for the test drive- it meant I could to a very objective comparison over roads I knew well, including a really awful surface bit which would show up any rattles or clonks- it passed with flying colours.

It is with very mixed feelings that I part with the Targa though, love the 993s, great cars and worthy of all the hype. The interior of the Targa is very special too.

I do have some reservations about the wisdom of getting a dark blue car when I do so many miles, but it does look v nice, and I suppose I could get it armourfended or whatever.

Here is a link to some pics of the C4S... might work

http://www.nickwhale.co.uk/detail?template=/zoom/zoom&vid=12253597

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119297

I've got a dark blue car and haven't had too many problems with the miles (22K) I've put on it. Stone chips seem to show on any colour, I found my red car was the worst for showing them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119303

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back