Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buy a gt3 RS?

smtk

If i could buy a 997GT3 RS tommorow do you think it would be a smart thing?

How long would they stay above list? thanks

Can you use them around town or would they be a nightmare in london?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118751

Simon,

Only way a GT3 RS is a smart decision to my mind is if you are a dedicated 'trackie' and want a car that is a good track car but a passable road vehicle as well. I don't know that any car in current (even limited) production will command a premium for long especially when subsequent buyers know that even low miles on these cars have often been round tracks. For your uses I'd have thought the 997 turbo would be the kiddie! Just my 'pennyworth. Cheers, Bob.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118754

nm it sold already (under 12hrs) lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118756

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 19 February 2007

If i could buy a 997GT3 RS tommorow do you think it would be a smart thing?How long would they stay above list? thanksCan you use them around town or would they be a nightmare in london?
The car is a lot more usable than the 996 versions

The switchable suspension settings mean you have the best of both worlds for road and track.

The splitter is a lot more durable now too.

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118763

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Glenn Mc on 19 February 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 19 February 2007 If i could buy a 997GT3 RS tommorow do you think it would be a smart thing?[/i:jK6sAHzGBp]

How long would they stay above list? thanks

Can you use them around town or would they be a nightmare in london?
The car is a lot more usable than the 996 versions
The switchable suspension settings mean you have the best of both worlds for road and track.

The splitter is a lot more durable now too.

G.

Durable or more flexible?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118765

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 19 February 2007

Durable or more flexible?
Both i think,

I have grounded it quite a few times now, and it hasn't moved at all, so assume it bends, in turn, i would think that it's fixed firmer than the last one..

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118768

Previous poster said:
splitter design on the 7 is both more flexible and durable, I think they realised the problems that were on the 6, which I would class as a design flaw

Quote: Originally posted by Dr Strange on 19 February 2007

Only way a GT3 RS is a smart decision to my mind is if you are a dedicated 'trackie' and want a car that is a good track car but a passable road vehicle as well. I don't know that any car in current (even limited) production will command a premium for long especially when subsequent buyers know that even low miles on these cars have often been round tracks. For your uses I'd have thought the 997 turbo would be the kiddie!
not really , track dayers are still in their minority and a lot of owners have them as 3rd / 4th cars which means the miles are always kept low whilst not seeing much track action, they have a track purpose but this is no worse than a blast across europe

technology changes have meant the 7 RS is very user friendly, it's still a RS but is designed for a wide market and is certainly not as extreme as the Mk1 CS or Mk2 RS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118769

Buy one! Stunning cars and will start every time, unlike a lot of other exotic cars!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119067

Broughtons have one at the moment, advertised at £115,450!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119075

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back