Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS experience

Carrera

Banned
Well, got the babe today, and Joey has named it .....
Boogie
!
rolleyes.gif

Drove down in my C2 with wife and boy. Snow all gone, even the sun was coming out for a play!

The car was there waiting for us, got all the paper work sorted, a big fat cheque for my C2, Joey strapped in the back which has already got a lap belt, which is perfect with the Prince seat.

Driving it for the first time, I was getting a cramp on my face from the silly grin!
cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

cloud9.jpg

Impression:

First thing I noticed, the door feels noticably lighter than the C2. Interior is spartan but functional. The RS steering wheel and gear lever look and feel just right for the car.

The car is loud! Did't notice it on the outside but as soon as I started driving, I could hear a lot more noise from engine, transmission and all the mechanical noises.

Even with the standard exhaust, the inside is loud enough for me to have second thoughts about changing the exhaust to Cargraphic ones! No booming, just noisy with a nice engine roar when I press the gas pedal down.

The engine is definately much torque-ier than my C2, and because of the different gearing, I frequently stepped over to the very naughty side of the speed limit without realising. The car can go so fast so easily!

The suspension is much harder than the C2 even with all the mods. Lots of road noise, feeling every piece tissue paper on the road, and on bumpy surface the car can be dancing round all over the place, I really had to keep both hands on the wheel!

The car feels very planted, the faster it is, the more stable it feels. Turn in is very sharp, I felt very connected to the car, very little body roll even when changing lane "briskly". And all that's on wet road speed! Can't wait to get it on track!

You do feel a lot more conspicuous in a yellow car, but in this yellow car, it's a nice feeling!

Parked in the garage, hope the weather is ok for the next few days for G to work his magic. Already booked in to have Paintshield fitted next wk. Won't be driving it much untill then.

Got the yellow backed RS bucket seat ready to go in.

Roll on 2007 trackdays!!!! Oulton, Spa, Nurbergring, LeMans ..... here we come!!
bounce-1.gif

.............my face hurts.................
nuts.gif

nuts.gif

nuts.gif

nuts.gif

nuts.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116082

Mick,

Great post, you lucky *****!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116083

come on then lets have a look, post some pics

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116086

Too wet and dark for pics, will take some when G's been!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116087

Well done Mick, I am sure today was worth the 3000 posts and many weeks of searching for that car !

Welcome to the club.

PP :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116088

Well done Mick I glad your made up!!

If it helps after 7 years of owning mine, I still get the same buzz each time I drive her............They really are the nuts!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116090

Happy far you i can tell you have fallen in love already

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116093

Mick...

Do you want to park her in my garage after the RS track day?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116094

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 10 February 2007

Mick...

No thanks Nic, I might not get it back! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116096

Well chuffed for you mate - are you sleeping in the garage tonight? :wink:

Oh and...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/useless(1).gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116097

Well Done Mick... Very Jealous..

Can't wait to see it in the flesh....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116098

nice one Mick............can't wait to see pics of it with yer personal touches to it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116105

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 10 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 10 February 2007

Mick...

No thanks Nic, I might not get it back! :wink:
Of course you'd get her back...

eventually :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116109

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back