Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1st Post _ opening pandora's box

rikki griffiths

Hi guys,

1st post but been lurking a while - I occasionally post on piston heads now & then, but this forum seems a bit "gentler" for the q I'm about to ask.

Does anyone know any of the history of my car or come across it? Im not suspicious, just curious. It's a largely standard red gt3 cs. All the numbers match - inspected by Porsche OPC who returned clean bill of health and it drives beautifully. I had Barry Horne (race driver) take me round a circuit in it and he commented that it was well set up and some tweaks to suspension look evident.

It was first owned by a Ben Phillips, then John Greasley (yes that one & i'm assured he did not race it!?) and finally Peter Docic before I bought a year ago from Hagley Motors.

Anyone come across it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114984

there are quite a few GT3's in circulation, so you need to be more specific

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114989

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 February 2007there are quite a few GT3's in circulation, so you need to be more specific

cheers _ what like, chassis number? Just thought the previous owners might be known?

Aaargh _ & I don@t want to accused of telling fibs as ive just noticed that Ive posted before. Cant remember & must have been some time ago with a previous 996. What a dogs dinner _ i have flu at the mo & think I'll go back to bed!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114992

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 February 2007

there are quite a few GT3's in circulation, so you need to be more specific

What Sundeep is trying trying to say is that GT3s are as common as muck :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114993

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 06 February 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 February 2007there are quite a few GT3's in circulation, so you need to be more specific

[/i:QB58M2KwkZ]

It's just the speed yellow ones that are common around here :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114997

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Philip1972 on 06 February 2007
Previous poster said:

[/i:1WGPBm6Q2u]

Oi pal - if I'd have wanted this sort of abuse I@d have posted on PH.
:D

Its only 1 of 28 Mk1 RHD CS & they cant all be red?!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114999

Hi Rikki, welome from a fellow Scottish 3 driver

Don't recognise any of the former owners off Titanic but maybe it worth a post as there's a kind of unofficial GT3 register there.

Barry Horne's had a hoon round track in my mk1 too. Think he's been doing the rounds at the OPC trackdays - unless it was at the Knockhill day last year?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115001

What areas of the country might it have been seen in? There were only 15 996 GT3 MK1s. Don't know how many of those were the CS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 06 February 2007
Hi Rikki, welome from a fellow Scottish 3 driver
Don't recognise any of the former owners off Titanic but maybe it worth a post as there's a kind of unofficial GT3 register there.
Barry Horne's had a hoon round track in my mk1 too. Think he's been doing the rounds at the OPC trackdays - unless it was at the Knockhill day last year?

Hi Duncan

Yep it was at one of the Knockhill days last yr - proabaly the Sytner OPC one? Im going to have a look at your profile but assume u r down South now?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115008

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 06 February 2007
What areas of the country might it have been seen in? There were only 15 996 GT3 MK1s. Don't know how many of those were the CS.

Crikey I cant keep up with u lot!!!

I thought it was around 108 total mk1s of which 28 were Club Sports, but I could and probably will be wrong.

It was originally Buckinghamshire and then Bath.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115009

No mate, just along the road from you nr Stirling. Good to hear of another mk1CS in the area. I think we (PO driving) chased Barry in your car for a few laps that day - suppose it's no surprise that he's very quick.

You planning on tracking the car much this year? I've yet to visit KH in the 3 (with me driving anyway) but am planning on getting up on an evening when a suitable one arises.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115010

Previous poster said:

Rikki's correct 108 UK mk1s 28 of which were clubbies. Hard to break down how many of each colour were CS spec though.

Cool, now there's 2 Mk1CS in Central Scotland!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115013

Sorry guys, the 15 refered to the number of Guards Red MK1s, not total numbers:

[u:p4TfDiWdsK]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 06 February 2007
No mate, just along the road from you nr Stirling. Good to hear of another mk1CS in the area. I think we (PO driving) chased Barry in your car for a few laps that day - suppose it's no surprise that he's very quick.
You planning on tracking the car much this year? I've yet to visit KH in the 3 (with me driving anyway) but am planning on getting up on an evening when a suitable one arises.

Hey good stuff _ thats cool. that was probably me u were chasing :wink:

regular at KH but Barry was v quick & smooth as well.

Tracking this year? yep got lots on and rough schedule:
_ KH 25/2
_ Oulton 16/3
- Croft 14/4
- Varioius May
- Spa june

Theres a few of us doing each one so if u fancy hooking up then em me & I'll give u more details.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115017

Previous poster said:
Sorry guys, the 15 refered to the number of Guards Red MK1s, not total numbers:

[u:zU3CcDIUg0]

ah ha & thanks for the schedule as well

Migration info. Legacy thread was 115019

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member