Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RUF 997

abit Green!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114527

only spoilt by those silly US amber side lights !

one for the 997 forum

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114537

Sorry if I'm being a phillistine here,but that is just horrible! :eek: :eek:

It may sound good, go and handle like an F1 car for all I care, but it would go straight on Ebay if I was given it! (Or have a total respray and re-trim).

BTW was it stolen? Or had somebody lost the key to the container?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114549

TBH I love it, with the exception of the interior.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114551

awful colour, i think i'd rather have it in PINK !!!!!

the wheel arches look very awkward...

way anyone would pay the extra 30-40k over a 997RS is beyond me !!!!

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114553

nasty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114589

I like the rear bumper thats how the 997turbo's should have been done

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114595

The colour doesn't do it any favours....

and an extra £70k....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114599

when i was at RUF last march and i was shown around the workshop, all of their new demo cars were green, i just thought it was their lastest "colour" until i was told that it was a plastic film that they coated all of their cars in.................the colour underneath was unknown....they did it to protect the paint........

and then about months later a p-car mag confirmed this policy.....

so dont worry about the colour and remember back in the 80s we all thought the yellow CTR was an odd colour for a RUF 911.

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 10 February 2007

ahem - when i was at RUF last march and i was shown around the workshop, all of their new demo cars were green, i just thought it was their lastest "colour" until i was told that it was a plastic film that they coated all of their cars in.................the colour underneath was unknown....they did it to protect the paint........

and then about months later a p-car mag confirmed this policy.....

so dont worry about the colour and remember back in the 80s we all thought the yellow CTR was an odd colour for a RUF 911.

:wink:
I think this one is genuinely Kermit green!!!! If not, they've gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to colour match parts of the interior and the wheel spokes, yet left the rear spoiler black!

I could tolerate the exterior as you don't see it when you're driving, but the interior... sorry, couldn't look at that for more than 5 minutes!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116040

Is this the same RUF model that is in this months T911 with 440bhp?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116057

Erm... sorry, but I would absolutely refuse such a car given it's just... such a wrong colour!!! I mean, it really should be Atlas Grey... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116068

Previous poster said:
I think this one is genuinely Kermit green!!!! If not, they've gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to colour match parts of the interior and the wheel spokes, yet left the rear spoiler black!

I could tolerate the exterior as you don't see it when you're driving, but the interior... sorry, couldn't look at that for more than 5 minutes!
I am with you 100%...actually quite like the exterior (on this car only of course) but looks like a small child with a paint brush got loose in the interior

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116627

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back