Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clearer 997 Facelift pictures

Porsche

Donnington
coming soon or is that eventually !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113906

Without the sidelight disguises....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/997%20newss.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113934

hmm you know i think i prefer the old look

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113938

Do not like the rear lights at all, but i guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113939

911 taking styling clues from the Cayman??? Whats going on? The back end looks like a new 3 series crossed with the Cayman. Besides does it need afacelift so soon??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113961

Sundeep - face lift - why didn't i know this yesterday!!

I too don't like the rear lights - thank god!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113966

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/6(5).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113968

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 01 February 2007

Sundeep - face lift - why didn't i know this yesterday!!

I too don't like the rear lights - thank god!
I did mention the facelift in your 997 thread - not for quite a while though. Not sure I could wait! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113981

lets just hope it doesn't kill residuals on early 997's like mine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114010

I prefer the current car - I am sure that the facelift will change before release anyway but quite frankly I think the rear lights look ugly. My OPC told me that the facelift may come out MY 2008!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114034

The problem with this revised design is that the bottom edge of the lights follow the bumper instead of following the curve of the hips. It makes the rear look frumpy and bug eyed. :? :roll:
Also the valance around the exhaust looks cheap... I don't think the colour helps the design either. The front end looks cheap... I think the current 7GT3 front end looks best (although overstyled/too busy... it makes the 6GT3 look clean and purposeful)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114197

You can hear the accountants talking to the design department:

"Make enough changes for people to know they no longer have the current model, but you don't have the budget to retool anything but the simplest plastic cutters"

This is why the design details get more and more fussy during a model's life cycle straying further from the original, not in persuit of perfection, but in persuit of repeat sales.

Cynical Porsche bashing over now. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114225

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by paeffman on 02 February 2007

You can hear the accountants talking to the design department:

"Make enough changes for people to know they no longer have the current model, but you don't have the budget to retool anything but the simplest plastic cutters"

This is why the design details get more and more fussy during a model's life cycle straying further from the original, not in persuit of perfection, but in persuit of repeat sales.

Cynical Porsche bashing over now. :twisted:
In fairness the last facelift got an extra 20bhp - that would be nice!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116055

Must say, I agree - Porsche need to increase the differentiation of thier models, not decrease it, especially towards the 911 which is the flagship model (for now)

I think the back looks cheap and really hope this is not the final product

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119658

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back