Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picking up C4S tomorrow...

Kenmode

Having read the magazines, the books, the forums and having had a few test drives, at last tomorrow I will pick up my first 911 - a 2003 C4S tip in lapis blue. And I have to admit that I cannot wait.

The process of looking for a 911 is quite different from other cars. Firstly you encounter the baffling range of models. Once over that it is the overwhelming spec choices. Its actually very difficult to weigh individual spec detail when comparing cars you have never owned.

And of course there is the OPC sales person experience. I have to admit the two I met were very professional and knowledgeable but OBSESSED with selling me finance that I did not need. Brilliant motives for taking out finance included "well instead of spending all of your savings on a car you might like to spend half on a car and use the rest for something else, like a kitchen"

In the end I went for an independent dealer that I trusted. The guy selling the car was laid back but very happy to help. NO pressure to take finance. My first drive is up to Manchester (from London) so I look forward to letting you know how it went with some pics on Thursday.

By the way this forum is bloody brilliant.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113226

Congrats, great choice! :D

full spec pls... If you haven't got a PSE, thats your first mod... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113229

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Kenmode on 30 January 2007

OBSESSED with selling me finance that I did not need. Brilliant motives for taking out finance included "well instead of spending all of your savings on a car you might like to spend half on a car and use the rest for something else, like a kitchen"
I thought it was common sense to buy a kitchen with your cash and finance you car?? In any case welcome, I hope you enjoy the C4S my favorite 996. Welcome to the forum.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113237

Welcome to the C4S club!

I did similar about 3 months back...you won't regret it :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113249

Whats a PSE :p
!!!

Also if i have 50k for a 996 C4S what would you guys say a good spec is to get??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113271

sibz, PSE =Porsche Sports Exhaust, a must for non GT/TT 996s IMHO

for £50k, you should be able to get a late'ish (03/04) low miler with all toys, PSE, PCM2 (satnav), Bose, ali pack interior, Xenons, parking sensors, sunroof...

now... :twisted:
time...for £50k have you considered a turbo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113274

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 30 January 2007

sibz, PSE =Porsche Sports Exhaust, a must for non GT/TT 996s IMHO

for £50k, you should be able to get a late'ish (03/04) low miler with all toys, PSE, PCM2 (satnav), Bose, ali pack interior, Xenons, parking sensors, sunroof...

now... :twisted:
time...for £50k have you considered a turbo?

no, no, no not turbo......GT3...how many times have we told you :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113277

Snap, I have the identical car.

PSE, Porsche Sports Exhaust, a must have!!!!

50k for a 996 C4S, should see all options ticked at most OPCs.

edit: Saw Tip, mines definitely without that!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113279

"now... :twisted:
time...for £50k have you considered a turbo?"

I'm with you on that one....I too was looking for a high spec C4S and looked at quite a few in the high £40k's but then found a 2003 TT which was local and only slightly more so thought it would be wrong not to :twisted:
.....now waiting for the inspection and delivery.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113295

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sibz on 30 January 2007

Whats a PSE :p
!!!

Also if i have 50k for a 996 C4S what would you guys say a good spec is to get??
Turbo!

(Ignore the crys for GT3 - these guys do not have families ... or teeth :wink: )

But if you wanted a normally aspirated car (and there are plenty of good reasons why) you could (and should IMHO) spend less than £50K.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113321

Nice post. Welcome to the forum. Get some pics up. We love pics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113361

Hi,

Welcome and an excellent choice of 911. Not that I am biased! Defo get the pics in.

Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113443

And so it was collected.....

Got up bright and early on Wednesday to achieve something that I have been waiting for for quite some time - ownership of a 911. My wife Rachel accompanied me on the train to Wellingborough where Warren from Dove House Motor Company collected us to bring us to their offices. Once we arrived the first 25 mins were spent doing the paper work (going through the 111 point test, warranty etc). To save myself £15 I decided to pay by switch rather than a banker's draft but this did mean a tense wait to make sure it went through. All of the time I was wondering where the car was hiding. But (rather cleverly) the car was comfortably housed in the 'handover suite' which allows buyers to have a few moments with the beast before the outside world. So after what seemed like a long time Warren proudly opened the door to the room where my first 911 was waiting.

We were not dissapointed - the valeting (is that a word?) was superb so Rachel's comment that 'It looks new' was right on the money. We took some pictures and then Warren started it up (lovely sound even without sports exh.) and brought it outside into the winter sunshine. Before we left Warren had some flowers for Rachel and a nice quality unbrella for me! Overall the service at Dove House was excellent as was the way my queries were dealt between test drive, deposit taken and collection.

Our first drive was up to Manchester and it was wonderful. It felt fast, safe and a real luxury car. The colour (lapis blue) is simply stunning and appears to change depending on the prevailing sun level. It has more gadgets than you could throw a stick at and I look forward to getting familar with it all over the coming weeks. The next day we ended up back at home. Once parked on the drive I could not resist a little glance through the curtains from time to time and having a little smile about all the good drives to come...

I have numerous pics (and as many of you said you love pics) but they are all 2.3mb - and the upload tool seems keen on much smaller file sizes. Let me know what I should do and uploaded they will be.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114366

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back