Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ants in my pants – help

smtk

Ack I was out today and just around the block from me a guy has a Black 997 GT3. I’ve got money in the bank which should be used for work but for the love I god I want to buy a GT3 with it.

Some one tell me the waiting list? Is it like 3 or 4 months? When will the cars loose their premium and maybe even dip below list

Also I spec’d one out see below

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SMTK
19 inch GT3 Wheel
Exterior Colour Black
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
£1,921.00 Porsche Communication Management including navigation module
£68.00 Windscreen with grey top tint
£705.00 Bi-Xenon lighting system
£3,130.00Lightweight bucket seats
£0.00 Club sports package
£1,648.00 leather interior black, upholstery GT3
£380.00 Sport Chrono Package Plus

Total price £87,324.00

Now I didn’t want the PCM but to get the sport button apparently you need it. Is the sport button that good?

Also With the CS package it asked for either leatherette or leather no alcantara trim what should I pick here?

Now this might all be circumspect if I can get one second hand in say 8 or 10 months for 75 grand.

p.s. i been sitting on my hands all night to stop me being silly

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113185

not what you want to hear....

But just go buy it!

<notjealousatallandgoesoffinasulk>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113195

BTW... saw my first 997 GT3 today, that was in black and looked the dogs thingies. Even from 4 floors up!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113196

My guess is come the end of summer you are going to be able to pick one up for sensible money. The vast majority of people I have heard of so far who have got them/expecting delivery soon are unlike yourself not true enthusiasts and will trade the car when whoever brings out whatever the next big thing is. In fact they may already be starting as I was out with a guy before Christmas who said whilst he knew it was the car for him he did not want to go that route as som many people he knew (in Advertising) were getting them.

You have speccd up a car that it would be easy to live with though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113205

For what it's worth - I seriously thought about getting one - but decided to spend £53k on my 996GT3 with 5,000 miles and put the change in the piggy bank for another classic - I know which one will loose more money :wink:

Then again - if you want it - just go get it :D

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113234

I would just get it.

Having said that, it becomes a problem for me if you do. I want yours! And I cant really afford it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113236

Would it really be 40 odd Grand better than a 996GT3. I'm sure the extra 40K could be put to good use in your business. Or am I just being silly?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113240

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Ant+Killer+Powder3.gif

Much cheaper than a GT3 :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113244

well if you're after one I know of a few nearly new knocking about at list or just under

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113246

Simon, buy mine and then get a 997GT3 when they come down in price!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113268

Does anyone know just how many GT3's are supposed to be coming to the UK? My OPC says he is only getting 5 for the whole of 2007 and it would be 2008 delivery if I ordered one now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113292

The 996 isn’t my cup of tea in the looks department otherwise I would get one.

No ones answered what that sport button does is it just a loud switch. From what I understand it makes the car more revv’y and more exhaust note

The other thing is how much would I get for my 993tt I reckon £46k for a quick sale…

Sundeep you have a pm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113306

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nineoneone on 30 January 2007

Does anyone know just how many GT3's are supposed to be coming to the UK? My OPC says he is only getting 5 for the whole of 2007 and it would be 2008 delivery if I ordered one now.
dealer, take the highest number then double it

although there will be a facelifted version in 2009 ? and maybe a 3.8 version after that

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113326

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 30 January 2007

No ones answered what that sport button does is it just a loud switch. From what I understand it makes the car more revv’y and more exhaust note
I think you have to spec the sport chrono pack to get the sport button but I may be wrong with the new GT3.

Sport button activates the performance suspension settings and speeds up the throttle response and opens the exhaust if the sports exhaust is an option.

I can't speak for the GT3 but the change in the "normal" 997's is even noticable for inexperienced drivers like me.

The thing is with the sport button is that you can also reset the suspension to normal whilst keeping all the other settings at Sport, which is brill for on the road hooli stuff, or actually staying on the road, because the sport suspension settings are far too hard for our normal roads IMHO.

Have always thought this system is brilliant!

But it all may change on the GT3. Chrono timer may be useful if you like track days (when of course you are not supposed to use it)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113337

thanks anthony

But what does porsche force the PCM+Nav on me when i just want the red button?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113363

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back