Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TT Lip Spoiler

David M

Spa-Francorchamps
Has anyone painted the front lip spoiler (not from the aero kit) to match the colour of their car. I have just bought a black TT and the lip spoiler is unpainted (black matt plastic which I assume is normal) whereas the rest of the front is obviously painted. Maybe because it is a few years old and on a black car but the lip looks faded and a "cheap" afterthought.

I think it would look better colour coded to the front and I have the opportunity to get it done as the dealer is going to remove and repsray the front to correct a number of stone chips.

Any thoughts....anyone else done this on a black car.

5.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112736

The lip spoilers should really be considered a consumable (they certainly are on the lower GT3s and GT2s). One way of getting the plastic dark/shiny again is to use either peanut butter (yes, it works well) or some other "back to black" silicon :eek:
sprays...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112737

People in TTs seem to go through the lip spoilers quite quickly, If you want to paint it do, just bear in mind you could be doing this every year (or twice a year in some cases!).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112741

David, on a black car, you have the best of both worth but if you're confident of not meeting anything with a low clearance then why not

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112746

Painting it will be a waste of time, I scrape mine once a month and need to sand it to remove the little scrapings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113761

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 28 January 2007

People in TTs seem to go through the lip spoilers quite quickly,

maniacs.... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114103

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1