Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where is the dodgy GT3

Ghost

Estoril
Having a skim through the new Porsche Post this morning and in the GT3 Register section it makes mention of a rogue 996 GT3 that is up for sale in the trade which has been accident damaged and that some PCGB member had a lucky escape with; whether that's nearly buying it or nearly killing himself in it doesn't say. Apparently it has been discussed on the GT3 forum of PCGB but I cannot see anymention of it. It is a 2003/04 silver mk2. Anyone know anything about it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111908

Might've been the one Scotia Steve had - there was a long thread of his joy at finding one, curiosity at its 'odd' handling traits, then panic as he tried to hand it back (to an OPC no less) and then joy as he got his boxster back.

Its like some kind of TV drama - well worth a search for :wink:

Edited to say that i've saved you the trouble.....

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=35&TopicID=9410&PagePosition=2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111912

Makes you worry about buying cars. At least the GT3s seem to be known. Wasn't there also one that have been brought in from Ireland, would have been a Cat D over here - or something like that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111972

Its Steves and it was sold to him by an OPC.

Previous owner had been a car hire company!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112008

I've often wondered what happens to the cars the ' come and drive a ferrari at brands hatch for £299 'companies have when it comes to resale time?

i imagine theyre not registered to the company??????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112018

The 355s thraped around Thruxton for the "drive a ferrari" 'belonged' to the instructors.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112019

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jg on 25 January 2007

Its Steves and it was sold to him by an OPC.

Previous owner had been a car hire company!!!
:eek:
I bet that car had had an hard life!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112023

Everybody knows the fastest car in the world is a hire car. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112034

That was my car! Didn't realise they were going to publish that in the mag. Hope you like the cover shot ;)

I believe it has been traded on (that's what they were going to do). If you find one in silver, just PM me as I have some details - if you check the V5 I'm owner No.3 :)

S.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112783

Nope, was on 03 Mk2. Don't want to publish details on a forum but PM me if you find one you're after and suspect it's the same car. As long as you go in with your eyes open and pay the right price I'm sure it would make a good car for someone.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112801

That's what I thought!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112810

Cant be the same car as he says he's had it for a year

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112818

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back