Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche GT3 RS Tyre Blowout Video

I think that's a cup car - sounds like one - if you look at he right of the bonnet edge you can just see the airjack point - and on the left, the power off cable.

Looks to me like he DID hit the wall with the driver's side (nearside) front wing - causing the widscreen to fly out, hence the 'bang' just after the tyre went out.

Not nice when it happens to you :roll:

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109669

Sundeep are you trying to scare mick out of those carbon fibre rims ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109679

i did a tour of daytona a few years ago - flying around 15 up in a minibus on the banking was a bit surreal - then we stopped and the guide offered people a prize if they could walk up to the top of the banking, needless to say noone could get even more than half way up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109698

Anyone else ever driven 'hands off' on a high speed bowl? Has to be the most surreal experience - going round in circles without steering at 160mph - really tests your trust in the car and the circuit designers!!!

Lucky enough to have done it twice - MG SV at MIRA, Lexus GS450h at CERAM...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109755

Nice thing about the banking is that gravity always tries to point you into the infield...

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109771

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back