Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ok to buy a white 964?

Nick jones

Any reason not to buy a 964 in white?

I love the way it seems to make the lines stand out.

Can this colour have a negative effect on the resale value?

Many thanks.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109285

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nick jones on 14 January 2007
Any reason not to buy a 964 in white?

Nope.

If you like it, buy it.

Don't buy a car for the next owner.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109288

Hey. Swift reply cheers!

Are they valued at a lower price than other colours like black for example?

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109290

will usually be priced abit lower, I love white 911's!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109293

White is the new silver, apparently.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109294

ok thanks....not the new black then? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109303

Black is so last season! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109304

For the likes of a 964, i would really recommend buying on condition first. Colour second.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109358

White on a 964 is a great colour. OK I am biased.

964-A.jpg

As for value being less it depends on condition. An outstanding condition white 964 will sell no problem. It's the rougher ones where there is a lot of cars to choose from that may have a problem.

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109368

Whatever you might lose trying to sell a tricky colour like white surely you will save when buying it now, specially as you ain't going to be buying it from a showroom.

I really like white and on some cars and versions of cars it would be my first choice. I think white is normally avoided because it is the cheap option on a car but how can you ever think someone had white on a 911 to save money.

I'd agree with oceancarrera though you should buy the car you are most going to enjoy that is in good condition rather than worrying about the resale, unless of course you are only intending to own for the summer or something like that.

Having said that I love my car in it's more "saleable" slate grey and I ignored some of it's faults purely because I wanted it in this colour. So from that point of view the previous owner had me on a plate just because of the colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109395

Colours a personal choice and it is a "fact" that white cars hang around on dealers forecourts longer. Expect to pay less for a white one.

Personally I think a lot of Porsche's look great in white and there is a lot of history tied up in the colour.

(Interstingly enough no.1 child was very taken with a 996 GT3RS at Guildford OPC last weekend. Had to point out that it only had two seats though :( )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109414

Well thank you all for your valuable input.

I have in fact driven a white one today and it was very nice...though a wee bit tatty in places (no I'm not scottish) so I politely declined the car.

I continue in my hunt and quest to refine what it is that I am looking for (well, yes I did love that U2 song)

I started at the point of a cabriolet, but I am highly interested in a Targa that is in the best condition you could care for. Condition first though right?

Nick

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109489

tbh I think white suits the 964 shape..........but for some reason it looks so wrong on a 993(tho that 993 C4S in white a few months ago looked nice)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109491

Ian, it seems we have identical cars. mine has blue interior and has been lowered. personally i think a white on 964 of that age looks fantastic. i walked away from others of similar spec and condition because i liked white.

paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109568

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back