Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'98 C2 facelift - value?

Nitrous

Silverstone
This afternoon I am going to have a look at a black '98 C2 tip in black with grey leather and only 41K on the clock. The car has been facelifted by Essentail styling and now has a C4s front bumper, new headlights, C4s rear bumper and exhaust tips. A car data check shows no issues with the car and mileage seems genuine. The option list isn't brill but can live with the basics.

The chap is looking for £28.500 which seems to be a tad on the high side........or is it?

On the photos he supplied me, the car looks immaculate but we'll see.

Cheers, Martin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108830

I believe in order to do facelift conversion to a 98 car you need new front wings ( assuming you use Porsche parts)

has the car had new wings?

becareful come resale time, as its got non original parts may not be to everyones taste

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108834

Parts are original Porsche and yes, the car had new wings.

Also, the car has a full history with AFN.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108843

The only comment I'd make is WHY did they bother spending so much money replacing both front wings, the headlights, front bumper etc. - and not spend the money on upgrading to a newer car?

I'd ask them to remove the front inner carpet and check for things like the original colour code sticker on the inner wing - if there are weld marks on the *inner* wings then the car has had a shunt.

Is this the black cab that's been advertised which has been updated?

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108886

Hi Martin - good to see you back. :)
What happened to that little sh!t in the end?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108890

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pmjt on 12 January 2007

The only comment I'd make is WHY did they bother spending so much money replacing both front wings, the headlights, front bumper etc. - and not spend the money on upgrading to a newer car?I'd ask them to remove the front inner carpet and check for things like the original colour code sticker on the inner wing - if there are weld marks on the *inner* wings then the car has had a shunt.Is this the black cab that's been advertised which has been updated?Philip
That would be my worry too - that it had been in a shunt.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108896

OK, I am getting Ninemeister to check the car out before I make a decision. The seller says he just wanted to update the looks and blimey, it looks the business! JCT have always serviced the car and have all files on record, seems to be genuine.

What happened to the little one with an unfortunate upbringing? One went down for 4 months and the other one.....we are waiting for the trail date. Hey, good old fashioned scouse upbringing!

Anyway, if I buy the car, there will be a wheel clamp or 2, a steering lock and a bollard on the drive......maybe a shotgun in the bedroom!

Good to be back!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108954

Btw. it is not the cab but a coupe located in Warrington.......anyone know the car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108959

Seen the ad, you certainly cant get anything that has that look for less than 35k+ normally so as long as the facelift was done for purely cosmetic reasons and not because of a shunt it could be something of a bargain?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109067

Anyone got a link to the site so I can have a look please?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109071

Its not the black car that was advertised here and on ebay that was a write off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109076

Right, shook hands on the car provided it will pass the inspection and all issues will be rectified prior to handing over the dosh. Question, what is the easiest way to transfer my p/plate from my Merc which is going, to the new 911? Can this be a straight transfer? Never done this before......

Feel quite chuffed now!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109087

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nitrous on 13 January 2007

Right, shook hands on the car provided it will pass the inspection and all issues will be rectified prior to handing over the dosh. Question, what is the easiest way to transfer my p/plate from my Merc which is going, to the new 911? Can this be a straight transfer? Never done this before......

Feel quite chuffed now!!!!!
Congrats, if its as good as it looks you should be very happy 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109090

Cheers, the car actually looks a lot better than the pics on Autotrader. Damn, I feel a lot better now!!! Must celebrate.........bartender........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109101

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back