Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

thoughts on this TT please?!

PiersFox

Trainee
Hi guys,

taking a look at this car tomorrow - any thoughts comments?

http://www.imperials.co.uk/detail?template=/imperials06/hitlistdetail&vid=12153093&make=31&dealer=15392&pn=11&orderby=price_asc&lang=en&country2=GB&vids=12051152,12204079,12096936,12059601,12059610,11956155,12153093,11901757,11859413&vidindex=6

ALL welcome, good, and especially bad.

My 1st thoughts

-miles too high?

-2000 not a good year?

-too high priced? (this can be rectified i'm sure!)

-sat nav aftermarket? - good or bad?

many thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108694

It is over six years old. Even at book miles (6K per year it would have upto 42K on the clock. So 54K is not too bad at all.

As it's had one owner, just check the service history (it should be good). Aftermarket sat nav is probably better than the original PCM. So no worries there either.

On the surface sounds alright to me. Better at £42K though! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108699

Nice looking car, mileage not an issue.

Perhaps price a little on the high side. Also its a Tiptronic, which IMHO makes it less desirable.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108700

thanks guys - i checked the gearbox - they list it as a tip but pic is a manual. It is indeed a manual. No autos for me thanks very much ;o)

Not sure whether i'd be able to bump them 3-4k unless i take it 'trade'.

What type of checks can i do? - checked on AA website and they dont list porsches under their dekra inspections.

HPI etc of course - what about checking for prev accidents etc?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108703

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by PiersFox on 11 January 2007

thanks guys - i checked the gearbox - they list it as a tip but pic is a manual. It is indeed a manual. No autos for me thanks very much ;o)

Not sure whether i'd be able to bump them 3-4k unless i take it 'trade'.

What type of checks can i do? - checked on AA website and they dont list porsches under their dekra inspections.

HPI etc of course - what about checking for prev accidents etc?

cheers

take it a OPC and get a 111 point check, if it passes and you buy the car then you can get the porsche warranty at the same time

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108717

I think it is about 3k over what it should be. The satnav looks like the becker like one that I had in my car when i first bought it - its just turn indications and no maps.

Seats look like they are NOT sports but it says that they are.

I would not take their warranty but get them to put it through the Porsche warranty check and then buy the warranty yourself for i think, now, 895 (was a bargain at 725!)

Black is a ***** to keep clean... :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108923

the girl from the dealership just brought it round - drove it and it drives nice- need some paint here and there for scratches, and a couple of kerb marks on the front wheel.

history is all same porsche dealer as is 1 owner car.

However, when the girl left i looked at the car from my house window only to see her accelerate away at full pace and hit a speed bump like it wasnt there.

must say that didnt fill me with purchasing enthusiasm - think there are better ones out there at £42k, let alone £45k

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108928

Hi,

Being the type of bloke I am which is very much a stickler for detail. Not one for incorrect info on the spec.

Ought to have stated Becker Sat Nav .

Ought to have stated manual.

Could be wrong but sport seats will not have the heated option, mine don't in my C4S.

Sloppy advert indicates poor focus on quality. With the fact the "Girl" driver :wink:
did not respect the speed bump supports more poor input from the firm.

Spent 12 months sourcing my beast walked from many. Would not touch this for reasons given and needs circa £5000 off the price.

Enjoy the journey. With interest rates going up there may well be some good deals to be had as second hand residuals take a hammering :(

Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108947

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 12 January 2007

Could be wrong but sport seats will not have the heated option, mine don't in my C4S.
You can specify the headed option with sports seats

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108952

thanks guys, good advice all round - appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109063

£42 Tops imho

Its worth about £36 in the trade

The cars out there in the low £50's are a far better than that for £6/7K more, you ought to get a car done circa 30k miles,

Allwys have an OPC check

Remember the cost of brakes and spark plug changes with Turbos,

£1800 brakes £550 to change the plugs

And it sounds like they're giving the old

' wouldn't you rather see an original car with stone chips rather than a car where they've been covered up'

i sentence that saves them £750 to paint the front end

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109074

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back