Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil change guidance needed please

nicklouse10

Hi,

Searched for this but couldn’t find what I’m after.

Planning on changing the oil in my 3.0l SC this evening and just realised I've cleverly lent my Haynes manual to a pal. :?

This will be my first oil change on the car and I know it’s more complicated than any of my previous cars

I’d really appreciate it if someone could give me a run down of the procedure

Cheers

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108525

Haven't done it, but I imagine the fun bit will be re-filling it with 11 or 12 litres of oil, and not being able to check the level until the engine is warmed up and running, but have you got enough oil in to safely drive it????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108569

Hi Mark

I have a new filter and 15 litres of fresh oil ready and waiting in my workshop.

My main concern is getting all the old oil out as I’m sure it’s not just a case of undoing the sump plug. I imagine I will have to drain the oil cooler too. I’ve actually heard that there are 3 places I will need to drain from, but that was from the ‘expert’ down the pub, hence wanting to clarify matters here :wink:

It does have enough oil in to drive at the moment.

cheers

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108572

decided to have a crack at it last night

drained the sump and cleaned the corse filter I found within, then I drained the oil tank and found some water in it! a tiny bit had emulsified with the oil but some was still seperate, perhaps about a teaspoon of it. I guess this is condensation because the car lives outside and my comute is only a few miles. Still a bit of a shock though.

I had the front of the car jacked up to almost waist height to try to get all the oil out of the cooler, but I still only got about 9 litres of old oil out of it.

would still be keen to know the correct way of doing an oil change.

Nick

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108827

9 litres is about all your gonna get out at an oil change the rest is in the pipes and you dont want to mess with them for the sake of a few litres of oil contained.

if you realy want to get it all out run the car for a few days and do the change again that way the oil would be cleaned. PS dont worry about the small amount of water it is normal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109542

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back