Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 TT - Aerokit a good or bad thing?

PiersFox

Hi all,

just wondering - see some 996 TT's with f/fitted Aerokits. Should this add/subtract value from an otherwise 'normal' TT?

Whats the general opinion on the benefits/drawbacks etc?

thanks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107609

I like them - certainly don't think it detracts from the car.

Can be expensive though as you are bound to lose a front splitter or two!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107612

yeh agreed - as a road car in london the spoiler is likely to take a hammering from our world of humps!

116924-2.jpg

I take it the rear spoiler is fixed?

116924-3.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107636

The rear spoiler is fixed. Front splitter is €600 a pop.

I like that car by the way!!! Looks very mean. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107639

ouch!

found this one on ph - looks nice - out of my price bracket unfortunately :roll:

cheers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107650

You should be able to find some 02 models. Keep searching - more will keep coming on the market as the 997 TTs are delivered.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107656

Looking for one upto a max of £45k really. Seen a few nice 2001's but ideally want a black one!! What are they losing per month at the moment?

Decided that the power of the turbo is addictive compared to the C4S, and a GT3 isn't the all-rounder i need unfortunately.

cheers

Piers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107659

Yep - I would love a Turbo next. The power is amazing - especially with the X50 pack. That's worth having.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107662

Most Turbo's seem to have lost £8-10K in the last year. I don't think they will drop too much further though. The car is just too good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107663

Piers, you have the right idea, in the words of Wesley Snipes in passenger 57, "Always bet on Black!"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107664

Mark may volunteer some information on prices but I find it difficult to believe a decent 996 Turbo is going to drop much beneath the £45K mark.

Supply must be an issue but it seems very odd when such strong prices are bing asked for rarer turbo variants such as 930LE, 965 3.6 and the 993 Turbo. Latter may have some scarcity value but the 996 t is a better every day car.

It does however strike me that pre-facelift 996 prices are in free fall whilst some 993's are actually appreceiating (at least asking prices anyway)

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107666

Aerokits are OK but personally I just didn't like the front splitter. Speed bumps, slopes etc will certainly have a field day with the standard turbo lip let alone the aerokit. I couldn't get my car on my drive with the standard lip so I now have a C4S lip on it (Which is pretty scuffed)

The rear spoiler on the first car is indeed fixed and it does make the car look a little more aggressive. However I do love looking in the rear view mirror and watching the top part of the standard spoiler raise at 75 MPH
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Mixed%20024%20(600%20x%20450).jpg

As for depreciation I bought with my heart not my head. At worst I would not expect to lose more than £18k over the next 3/4 years as long as I keep the mileage down. Mine was a 51 plate with 19000 miles from an OPC so I did pay a premium for it.

As for owning one, it is without a doubt the best car for me.I thought about the GT3 but I am not a trackday nut like many on here although I do intend to do a couple this year including the Ring. The car is my daily driver and I do need to get two kids in it from time to time. It is perfect for my needs.

And the power........... I think I am right in saying only two other standard Porsches are quicker than it in a straight line (to 100mph anyway) the 997 Turbo and the CGT. (That should provoke some response he he)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107719

GT3's are amazing machines, but a Turbo is next on my wish list!

I prefer the standard look on the turbo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107727

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 09 January 2007

GT3's are amazing machines, but a Turbo is next on my wish list!

I prefer the standard look on the turbo.
Another one converted to the cause! We need to get a few more TTs on here. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107734

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back