Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sabine Drives GT2 at the Ring

What’s that gear box in the GT2?

First i thought it was sequential but it looks like a normal gearbox but the lever returns to centre by it self :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105922

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 03 January 2007

What’s that gear box in the GT2?First i thought it was sequenceal but it looks like a normal gearbox but the lever returns to centre by it self :?
I was thinking exactly the same - weird the way it returns to the centre position.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105923

must have had a sequential box fitted

a serious GT2 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105952

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 03 January 2007

must have had a sequential box fitted

a serious GT2 !
I should look into that GT2 - would suit me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105953

yes but it seemed like she was doing more than just moving it back and forward but in a gate type action

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105957

Got to love the Caterham though. Definitely having one in my fleet when I can afford a fleet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105963

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost on 03 January 2007

Got to love the Caterham though. Definitely having one in my fleet when I can afford a fleet!
I wouldn't fancy the drive to the ring as much though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105965

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost on 03 January 2007

I agree, what a top piece of kit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105991

As I remember there is a company that hires ring toys that has a caterham in thier fleet. So you can drive to the ring in comfort.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106030

It is sequential it says so in the commentary about 3 minutes in, to keep a car like the GT2 that close to a race spec caterham just proves what an awesome driver Sabine is.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106064

so anyone able to translate the highlights ?

even if the car to car action is a tad staged for the cameras!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 106567

My German is a bit rusty, but soon after the race starts you hear the bloke talk about the "sequential getrieb" - i.e. sequential gearbox, then you see Sabine wrestling and muttering at the stick, then he says something like "kostet" and "zeit" - i.e. its costing her time. She doesn't seem too keen on the gearbox.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109095

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back