Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

19" wheels for 996 GT3 MK II?

Henrik Voss

Hi all you GT guys!

Lately I have been thinking of buying a extra set of wheels for my 996 GT3 MK II. The original wheels then will be for track use and will be equipped with R-tires, and the new ones for normal driving.

I would like 19” split wheels. Does anyone here have any experience with 19” wheels on a 996 GT3 MK II? Any recommendations?

/Henrik in Sweden, black 996 GT3 MK II

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/GT3_gadekær_small(6).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105325

funny was looking at Carnewal last night and drooling over the BBS Race rims in 19'.

give Gert a call I am sure he will know, or Steve at JZ Machtech

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105327

I may be wrong - but I thought the Mk.2 GT3 geometry won't allow the 19" to be fitted.

I'm considering blowing some cash on a set of BBS LM rims for mine - 18"

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105330

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pmjt on 01 January 2007
I may be wrong - but I thought the Mk.2 GT3 geometry won't allow the 19" to be fitted.

I'm considering blowing some cash on a set of BBS LM rims for mine - 18"

Philip

I would have thought if you keep the rolling radius the same and offset any width issues with spacers you'll be fine, although the suspension setup needed might be contrary to the track setup on 18's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105332

Is the ride not uncomfortable enough on 18" wheels on a 996 GT3?

19" wheels will make it more so.
19" wheels heavier.
19" tyres more expensive.

In the interests of performance (which is what the GT3 is all about), I would leave the 19" wheels to the bling tuners :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105340

Previous poster said:
Quote: In the interests of performance (which is what the GT3 is all about), I would leave the 19" wheels to the bling tuners :?

...and poseurs in 997GT3s? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105342

Hi

Check out my 3 it's runnng on 19" wheels

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105355

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Peter Topping on 01 January 2007

Hi

Check out my 3 it's runnng on 19" wheels
Great! What kind of wheels are they? How wide? ET? What tire dimensions? Any problems?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105360

they look like 997 carrera's to me (see bottom left car on his signature pics)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105363

Cargraphics rims look the business and come with either cast or forged centres and you can opt for the centres to be painted as well. Black centres on your 3 would look awesome Henrik, they are also lighter than the standard wheels, not cheap though. When I eventually change my wheels, they're the ones I'm going for

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105475

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Max Bowler on 02 January 2007

Cargraphics rims look the business and come with either cast or forged centres and you can opt for the centres to be painted as well. Black centres on your 3 would look awesome Henrik, they are also lighter than the standard wheels, not cheap though. When I eventually change my wheels, they're the ones I'm going for

Max

Hi Max!

Yes, black centers are what I'm looking for. Cargraphics wheels are great looking. I have also looked at BBS and OZ.

/Henrik :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105494

Oh and happy new year Henrik

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105620

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back