Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This sounds amazing !

sTTu

Check out the "Muffler Bypass Pipes" and watch the video.

http://www.fabspeed.com/997_997S.html

Make the PSE sound a bit lame !!! Ok, I know nowt about cars but for $300 thats cheap for a good noise ! :D
So did they take off the silencer boxes or something ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103752

I've got a set of these for my GT3 but ain't fitted them yet. Intend to do so soon and try and record a before / after. Power gains are dubious and they are a pain to fit / remove as you have to remove the silencers.

Plus points though - less weight @ rear of car and a seriously raucous soundtrack - looking forward to the GT3 Cup soundtrack!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103758

Do invalidate the Porsche warranty ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103764

Probably so for the records and in case anyone views this my car has never / will never wear these ;)

I'll let you know how a 'friend' with a mk1 GT3 gets on with them when i give them to him...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103766

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 26 December 2006

Do invalidate the Porsche warranty ?

only if the exhaust is a consquence.... PGB have confirmed that mod's dont invalidate the whoel warranty as long as they dont cause a failure

and a more free flowing exhaust must be better !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103784

Surely these cannot be legal in the UK?

Got a funny feeling that I would get lots of complaints from the neighbours when I start up at 6:00am if I had a set of them!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103806

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 27 December 2006

Surely these cannot be legal in the UK?

Got a funny feeling that I would get lots of complaints from the neighbours when I start up at 6:00am if I had a set of them!
Sometimes its good to give the neighbours a rude awakening :wink:

Probably still quieter than the modified Corsa's prevalent in town cruises.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103817

I wonder of any makes (aside from Porsche) something that you can turn down the exhaust noise, like a butterfly valve.

I’d love a loud setup but then you cant sneak out at night or go on tracks.

I wouldn’t even care if the switch was manual under the car jobby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103818

The DB9 has an automatic bypass valve - not quite sure how it's triggered, but I think it's related to engine revs and accelerator pedal travel?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103903

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 27 December 2006

The DB9 has an automatic bypass valve - not quite sure how it's triggered, but I think it's related to engine revs and accelerator pedal travel?
As has the AMv8 - but the dealers tend to keep them locked open so the test cars sound awesome!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103923

erm, no racing at any UK circuit with those on me thinks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104653

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back