Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie with first question!!

Alex Bartman

Hi There Just poicked up my first Porsche - a 1999 Carerra4 Tip in lovely black. Have had a quick drive and haven't stopped smiling but I hgave the first of what I think may be many questions... The spolier on the back shoudl come up at a certain speed - or so I thought - but mine doesn't. When I turn the car on I get a red light on the dash with a down arrow pointing to the spolier. This red light goes out after about 10 secs but the spoiler doesn;t coem up at any speed. I have every bill, invoice, and service doccie for the car - but not the owners manual. Have i already got a problem????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103255

it comes up at about 70 mph I think, there should also be a manual switch, welcome to Pork ownership and to the forum.

Sorry I can't be more specific but my rear spoiler is always up :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103257

1. The little dash light is working fine, this goes out after a few seconds once the car moves forward.

2. The spoiler will come up at 75 mph and will generally stay up until you come to a stop. If it does not come up you have a problem.

There is a small button in the drivers footwell right hand side which is hardly noticeable and this is the manual override to put it up or down.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103260

If the light come on and you are doing more than 75 then pull over as it is a warning light that tells you it has not come up.

If you want proof it is working. Find a dual carriage way with a layby. Take it up to crusing speed, pull into the layby and turn teh engine off. Jump out and it will still be up.

It is possible to have an indicator wired up to show you when it is up (they sell kits on eBay, but not needed IMHO)

Also welcome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103265

Or wait for a sunny day and you can see the reflection of the spoiler.

Or get a fried to come out in another car and observe it going up at 75mph.

As Sean says that light should come on if it is not working at 75 mph+

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103277

The owners manual can be easily purchased from your local OPC parts department.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103289

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back