Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help me find a car - GT3 or C4S

richardofengland

Hi All, Urgent assistance required.

Sadly, my household will be Porsche-less for Xmas as I have sold the 1999 - 996 C4 today.

I achieved a better than trade in value and am now in a better position for my next PORSCHE, so hopefully can buy at private prices with money in pocket or at least from a dealer with cash rather than trade in.

The obvious question - which car, well I still dont know and I have had feedback from many of you in recent weeks regarding useage, mileage I will do, values, you name it and some quality information at that. I do want to see more of you 911uk lot and keep my mileage down.

What do I want - either a GT3 or C4S - not earlier than 2003 and as nice as I can get for the money.

What will I require - OPC warranty and maybe a decent independent check, which I notice some of you have talked about recently for the GT3's.

What to spend - anywhere 40-55 k

What help do I need - Some of your valuable expert advice, possibly some cars you have come across, what to avoid and maybe if you are not too far just a look at some of yours and a chat.

Think of me, suffering this Christmas and please bring help to me

Thanks

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102434

Touch of the Tiny Tims there eh Richard? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102455

been on sale a while that one i think,

i really think richard that a C4S is the right car for you, unless you plan to do track days

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102573

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 21 December 2006

been on sale a while that one i think,

i really think richard that a C4S is the right car for you, unless you plan to do track days
It might turn out that way, but I do intend on doing some track and ring trip, but I wont be going all the time, so probably the C4S will be of greater benefit / use the rest of the time. cheers rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102586

I think you'll be better equiped to decide which model is better for you after some drives in both. They are quite different in character - Daz can prob give you the finer details of this.

I wouldn't discount the GT3 as a road car - they were designed primarily as road cars and as such are very competent at it. They do, however, have a more limited appeal due to the compromises of the model.

My car is primarily a road car - prob do a few track days and evenings but not many. I will be using the car for hooning and for touring mostly. I like the (relative) rawness, directness and general motive of the car but what i see as its qualities are seen as negatives for some people.

Try before you buy and go for the one that 'gets' you the most!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102609

Thanks, I shall start doing some test drives, prob with the Porsche OPC / indies as privates not always too keen on drives due Insurance. thanks Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102615

OPC is the place to go to annoy the salesman as i never feel bad about wasting their time as the company they work for is keen to relieve me of my hard earned every time i even cast a glance at the place!

I was even honest with an OPC telling them that i didn't want to buy that car but still wanted a blast in a GT3 to see if i liked it. They kindly obliged, which was nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102625

Does a turbo not tempt you rich?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102643

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 22 December 2006

I feel more test drives coming on - we will see - I know I miss my car already so I need to crack on with the search.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102662

Forgot to suggest a turbo - another option to consider as its more power than your previous but similar road manners.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102688

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 22 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 22 December 2006

I feel more test drives coming on -

That's the fun of it all! That sort of money will put you in 997 C2S land as well. Also worth a drive, a really good car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102700

I see the C2S 997 are within reach - great latest design, but they look to me like a real big depreciation car which still have a lot to lose. I can see them being 20K less in 2-3 years. This is why I was more focused on the 996 4S and GT3 subject to which one suits me best. Have never been in a turbo.

Rich

richardofengland

(login from work, not another poster)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102704

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back