Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello

welshnobby

I have been visiting this forum for a while and thought it was about time i registered and said hello. I gained some very useful info from trauling the old threads (thank you) and 2 months ago stepped into 996 gt2 ownership. What can i say...i'm delighted, it's an awesome performer.

Regards

WN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100890

welcome, our first GT2, I believe!

PICS PLEASE

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100891

welcome WN, I hope you have found 911uk useful

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100892

...as requested

gt2-1.jpg

gt22-1.jpg

gt24.jpg

gt23.jpg

Whilst i was going through my photobucket pics i came across some of my previous c2 just before heading off to Le Mans last year, thought i would share them with you.

IMG_0436-1.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

...Don't you just love Porsche!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100897

hi, and welcome
is ur gt2 the well priced for sale in south wales i saw a couple of months ago.
if so u got a great deal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100898

...no this one came from Manchester, '02 14k miles.

BTW it isn't the infamous Lonmans ex gumball gt2 that recently went through henrys' place :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100900

GT2 ? whoooohoooo. you lucky man. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100919

Mean machine! Dave won't be the fastest one here then!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100921

That is a really nice looking car - will you be coming along to any of the trackdays - I would love to see/hear it! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100928

Great looking car - the GT2 is cool - over in the states we call it the widowmaker.....Drive safely dude. Yet to see one in Sydney.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100964

...i'm well aware of the widowmaker reputation. As far as i have experienced so far on our wet and cold roads, it's very well behaved as long as you don't take any liberties! Over step the mark and she will gentle remind you "concerntrate or i'll rip you f#cking head off" ignore the early warning signs and your tallent will run out very quickly!

I've never been much of a track dayer, i have done a few in my previous 996 c2 but i have no intentions at the moment to become a track day regular. At the moment i will be limiting my track exposure tuition sessions with an instructor.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100967

Welcome! Nice looking car. :)

Have you done anything to the car since you bought it? Even if you don't plan on being a regular track dayer, have you done a geo on it? I know in talking to a few other GT2ers that the car is similar to a GT3 in that it's very sensitive to geo settings in getting the best out of it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100968

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 16 December 2006

IMG_0444.jpg

very nice, who does add stripes/ such decals to cars ?

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100977

I reckon that Orange Decal set would look great on my Lapis car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100982

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 17 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by welshnobby on 16 December 2006

IMG_0444.jpg

very nice, who does add stripes/ such decals to cars ?

regards

....i applied these myself just for the Le Mans trip last year. It came as seperate orange strip and black edging strips. It took a whole afternoon to apply! The decals were relatively easy.

I have looked into the Geo, the car has never been tracked so it hasn't been fettled to maximise track performance. The previous owner had it checked and realigned a couple of months before i purchased it. I plan on getting it checked on a regular basis.

WN

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100984

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back