Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roll cages...

Matt Friend

Anyone have one??? I am thinking about sourcing a heigo clubsport, as they bolt to the belt eyelets as i dont fancy drilling the shell...

i'm not making my decision on it till after a few trackdays anyway, so there is no rush...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100427

it does make a difference to the handling / stiffness to the body, so adds to the TD experience...

drill points are hardly anything

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100431

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 14 December 2006

drill points are hardly anything
They are if you make them in the wrong places :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100437

good on mr ghost...

ok its not hard to drill, i just, well, didnt really want to do that. I guess i could always weld, rather than pierce the shell...

I'va had a few caged cars, punto, cinq - but they are well, cheap and not prestigous lol - amazing difference.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100478

1986 Carrera 3.2 @ 102dB hehe
* 993 Turbo Wheels, 993 Turbo Brakes and a whole lotta noise! *

Mine is 105 db (RSR exhausts, no undertray and an airbox cover like Swiss cheese) and they wont let me on to Bedford and it has to be a 105 db day at Goodwood which are not often.

I find the GT3 boys on here are so Mantheyed up that I get out of bed in the morning wondering whether its worth carrying on. :(
(they still manage 98.5 db)

Most of them are running 25k quids worth of suspension and power upgrades (400 hp plus) and they are on F1 style fitness training programmes (like Jensen) just to get their weight/butt size down so that they can fit in the GT3 bucket seats without embarasing overflows. :twisted:

That's without mentioning that if you don't have a yellow car you have had it and you have no way into the inner circle with the funny handshakes and special codewords.

Its probably better to do as you are told - like I do. :D

Did I say that aloud?? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100480

Star post there John, :lol:

Few points

Exhaust 98 at Bedford, need it louder baby.

Fittnesss Hey us fat feckers got to work out

Manthey Hey dude that is just for the Ali G boys

Special handshakes, Very late at night John :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100492

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 15 December 2006

Mine is 105 db (RSR exhausts, no undertray and an airbox cover like Swiss cheese) and they wont let me on to Bedford and it has to be a 105 db day at Goodwood which are not often.

How do you manage that? Except for the undertray, think my car is the same as yours. It was 101.5 db on the static test but only 80 db on the drive by at Bedford.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100506

Mine obviously has stage 2 RSR's and you have stage 1's. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100521

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 15 December 2006

1986 Carrera 3.2 @ 102dB hehe* 993 Turbo Wheels, 993 Turbo Brakes and a whole lotta noise! *Mine is 105 db (RSR exhausts, no undertray and an airbox cover like Swiss cheese) and they wont let me on to Bedford and it has to be a 105 db day at Goodwood which are not often.I find the GT3 boys on here are so Mantheyed up that I get out of bed in the morning wondering whether its worth carrying on. :(
(they still manage 98.5 db) Most of them are running 25k quids worth of suspension and power upgrades (400 hp plus) and they are on F1 style fitness training programmes (like Jensen) just to get their weight/butt size down so that they can fit in the GT3 bucket seats without embarasing overflows. :twisted:
That's without mentioning that if you don't have a yellow car you have had it and you have no way into the inner circle with the funny handshakes and special codewords.Its probably better to do as you are told - like I do. :D
Did I say that aloud?? :D

a future moderator in the making :twisted:

anyway that's 417bhp is you please :D
(wonder how I'll do on 102ron?)

anyway in my defence I have to freging short shift ! with 1000 rpm to go, to avoid tripping the meters ! I wanta play with that extra 1000 rpm !!! :roll:

btw, RMA Bedford day on the 23rd Dec, anyone else ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100526

so yeah, roll cages lol :wink:

heigo - £350 rear only, with tunnel braces.

3 holes into each wheel arch...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101047

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back