Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 seats in a c2

Lee Bollom

I've got a c2 and always wanted bucket seats in my car.

Going to get round to visiting a couple of track days in 2007 (probably bedford) and got some days spare over xmas so trying to organise a few things for the car.

I've sat in GT3 and driven one round a track and the seat is a nice seat, just wondering, for those that use these seats on a daily basis or have covered lots of miles in them, are they comfortable? I'm 24 and don't really have any back problems, i don't use the car daily although i do go away on holiday in the car and roughly travel about 6-7k a year in it.

Anyone found any problems or got any suggestions?

thanks

Lee

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99906

They are fantastic. Offers much better support than regular seats. If you are very broad shouldered, you may find that they press your shoulders inwards. I'm 5'11", 42" chest and I don't have any problems.

Often available on eBay as replicas.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99913

Lee

the switch is also quite easy.... but buckets seats are not heated

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100234

My bucket seats are more comfortable than the big turbo sports seats i had in my 993. When i got my car i did about 250 miles in it more or less non stop without complaint. Some people find them too upright though. I'm 6ft medium build and could imagine that a 'larger' frame may find them a bit overly snug!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100239

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 14 December 2006
Some people find them too upright though.

Easily solved by a pair of seat brackets to allow tilt adjustment. Available from either Porsche, Brey Krause or Recaro. I've got the Porsche ones on mine and it makes it a lot more comfortable with better under thigh support.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100252

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 14 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 14 December 2006

Some people find them too upright though.
Easily solved by a pair of seat brackets to allow tilt adjustment. Available from either Porsche, Brey Krause or Recaro. I've got the Porsche ones on mine and it makes it a lot more comfortable with better under thigh support.
Didn't know such a thing existed. I personally like the upright wheel right in front driving position but good to know it can be altered.

Do these brackets increase the height of the seat at all?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 100254

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back