Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Final Update?

HRobinson

Trainee
Well its gone in today for the gearbox change. They wanted to return it on the 23rd of December.... that didn't go down too well and will now do it asap.......

Here we go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99713

good luck! hopefully an end to the saga and you can start enjoying it soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99716

Just got it back..

Still notchy into second and need to be firm for first. The change just isn't smooth no matter how much i try, If i didn't know better it could be the same box. A mates wife works for Porsche France and she will search on the internal Porsche net for my cars history, gawd help them if it doesn't say new box fitted......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101509

Hi, don't know if relevant (i was lookinng at 996 posts) - or indeed if you have already had this checked - but I was reading a lot of posts on the renntech forum regarding the installation of a short shift kit and noticed a lot of posts regarding notchy gear changes and the importance of the correct setup of the cables that the gear changer is connected to.

Apparantly there is a small orange plastic tool which is used to ensure the setup is correct.

There were even posts from people complaining of poor gear changes - who had had new geear boxes fitted and then on discovering the existance of this setup tool had the setup checked and found a marked improvement.

Perhaps worth checking - if you haven't already?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101536

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HRobinson on 19 December 2006

Just got it back..

Still notchy into second and need to be firm for first. The change just isn't smooth no matter how much i try, If i didn't know better it could be the same box. A mates wife works for Porsche France and she will search on the internal Porsche net for my cars history, gawd help them if it doesn't say new box fitted......

hang in there fella

Migration info. Legacy thread was 101800

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back