Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

help with tyre pressures

richardk

Sorry to ask, but can someone just confirm tyre pressure on these. They are not the ones in my manual as the wheels have changed to carrera 18"

front 225 x 40 x ZR18 N3 Pirelli Assimetrico Pzeros

back 265 x 35 x ZR18 N3 " "

Thanks

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99628

Doesn't the manual also give pressures for the 18" wheels? Suppose if its a 993 it might not.

Sure Stevo will be along soon as he seems to be the tyre pressure guru.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99630

My tyre sizes ain't a million miles off that but i'm on track rubber @ 31 front 39 rear on a 996.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99631

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardk on 12 December 2006

Sorry to ask, but can someone just confirm tyre pressure on these. They are not the ones in my manual as the wheels have changed to carrera 18"

front 225 x 40 x ZR18 N3 Pirelli Assimetrico Pzeros

back 265 x 35 x ZR18 N3 " "

Thanks

Rich

what car are they on ? pretty please ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99634

Sorry, not sure what car you have but if you have a 993 with 18's the pressures are 36 front and 44 rear iirc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99635

WHAT 911 DO YOU HAVE ?? YEAR ? MODEL ??

if you have a 993..... tyres sizes would suggest this (although this is for a wide body 993... same as NB)

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/911Tyres.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99636

the good people at Ruf reccommend that for 18 inch wheels on a 993 C2 the following pressures - Front 2.4 Bar = 35psi rear 2.6 bar = 38psi.

Stevo - please forgive me. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99637

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 12 December 2006

the good people at Ruf reccommend that for 18 inch wheels on a 993 C2 the following pressures - Front 2.4 Bar = 35psi rear 2.6 bar = 38psi.
Have you done a before and after test on handling with those pressures as opposed to manufacturers recommended?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99641

sort of. with the manu figures the car seems very crashy and followed tramlines like mr Docherty follows a line of coke - with the ruf pressures it tramlined a lot less.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99643

Interesting! Think I'll have to give that a try.

Blue touchpaper has been lit! [retreats to safe distance to await arrival of you know who!] :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99646

Stevo is probably compiling a list of "offenders" as we speak - be prepared to wake up at 4 am and find a madman wielding a variety of pressure guages standing at the bottom of your bed...................... :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99654

Just to make sure that everyone's clear that I haven't suggested any 993 pressures for 18's (makes an 'honest guvnor' expression)! Maybe i'm safe now?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99657

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/nelson_edited-3.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99670

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back