Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 FS on eBay

poon

No affiliation, seems like a reasonable price?

click here

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99498

Looks nice spec - no sat nav though. £29K miles sounds high for a 2004 car though - but reflected in the price I guess. Didn't Daz get his a 8K miles?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99514

29k should mean the car's been run in nicely. The engine in the 3 will loosen up with miles and will take a healthy mileage in its stride assuming its been serviced and not abused.

Sat nav?! Its a race car for the road - you just drive it where the mood takes you ;)

Nice unusual colour that.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99519

Lovely colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99520

My 3 will have 14000 come tomorrow eve! Quite happy with that for an 03 car! I would think 29k means less track, more road miles! Looks a nice car - at that price though i would buy from an OPC for warranty - mine wasnt much more...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99522

I'd imagine that the majority of mk2 GT3s will have done mostly commuting miles and little track work. They were more readily available and a bit of a status symbol so were purchased by many city types as daily drivers.

Motorway miles is a good thing!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99524

Status symbol - surely both cars would have people like that no? Everyone I've spoken to with a 3 seems to want to track it be it mk1 or mk2?

Actually just thinking about it, I'll be doing 450 motorway miles tomorrow for my first trip! Hope it doesnt snow some more :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99525

The way i see / remember it is that when the GT3 first came out it was a limited edition homologation special - 'race car for the road' and as such wasn't really understood. By the time the mk2 came out everyone had read the rave reviews (evo etc.) and knew that these cars could be used everyday. The point i'm making is that the mk2 was sold in greater numbers to a wider customer base which included more 'status' owners than track nuts across the board.

When the mk1 was released i remember not fancying it thinking it'd be horrible on the road and that a turbo was a better bet. Now i own one as a road car so i feel that the perception of the car had changed by the time the mk2 came out.

I'm not dissing the mk2 in anyway and think that now its the same type of people who buy the cars. I also think its good to buy a 3 that's been motorway miled and now use it to track as it'll be nicely run in!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99586

Fair point. I'm hoping my 3 has done mostly motorway miles! Turns out even though I'm buying from Bournemouth, it's a Scottish can - reg SN53!! I feel like I'm bringing it home :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99602

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 11 December 2006

Status symbol - surely both cars would have people like that no? Everyone I've spoken to with a 3 seems to want to track it be it mk1 or mk2?Actually just thinking about it, I'll be doing 450 motorway miles tomorrow for my first trip! Hope it doesnt snow some more :)
mine does both so of my annual 6000 miles, 5000 will be road miles....

soo poo, no 996 gt3 comes with OEM sat nav !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99607

Probably even the cars that do a lot of tracking still rack up motorway miles as they're nearly all driven to the track and back again. There's a few miles in a trip to spa or the 'ring!

Nice one Steve - send the car home (in the style of the bloke from happy gilmour)

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99621

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back