Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust tips (996)

Daniel

Donnington
Is the 996 un-like the 993, where the exhaust tips can be moved in and out to what postion the owner likes ?

I was following a 996 (2000/V) today in traffic and one tip was as normal, but the other about 2 inches to far in... ? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97621

I wasn't aware you could do this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97638

I know on my 993 there is only one postion they will go in.... So there is no way one could be further in than the other...! unless the rear muffler one side was fitted wrong ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97650

There isn't a great deal of spare pipe on the muffler to adjust them with. The clamp only fits in one position too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97657

My aftermarket exhaust has one tip sticking out slightly further than the other. T

The tips on my exhaust are fixed (welded to the muffler) and I was told (and saw on stripped down engine block) that the boxer configuration has one bank sticking out slightly more than the other (in terms of how the cylinders are arranged), hence exhaust outlet through the extractor on one side will be longer and will thus translate through the exhaust and to the tips.

I didn't notice this with the factory exhaust but it is definitely more noticeable with the one I am running now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97848

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97855

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back