Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bad day for GT3RS - cheap ??

ok, I'll be first......

that'll t-cut out :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96808

That's got to be £20-30K worth of fixing. Not sure it's actually that cheap. ANyone know who it belongs to?

What's the difference between Cat C and D?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96818

Category A: A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts.

Category B: A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road.

Category C: An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D: A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category F: A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96820

think repair more like £15k, so if you can get if for £30k, not a bad track day car, though not really saving money, cos it will never be worth a large amount cos of history,

and anyone who can afford £45k, can probably afford £60k for undamaged one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96828

Think you must have a different experience on Porsche part costs than I have! We could run a sweep on the cost .... I'd guess the best part of £25K without labour or paint.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96838

well,

one of the crowd i know bined his RS 3 at the ring, and even with much more damage, including engine repair was £30k, at a very well know tuner

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96840

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 03 December 2006

That's got to be £20-30K worth of fixing. Not sure it's actually that cheap. ANyone know who it belongs to?
there are so many GT3 RS's out there, who knows...

but I wonder if that car could make an idea racer in a porsche series...... for someone with some spare cash..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 96910

15.5k to repair that car had a look at it already pal is a body shop man cosmetic rs go back together very well he states

Migration info. Legacy thread was 97233

Reading the above posts and very interested in the comment re repairs at a"well known tuner"

Following my fairly major GT3 accident in Belgium, I may well be in need of a non OPC repairer. Not being pessimistic, but the current estimate for repairs is £63,000!!!

Any help or advice very gratefully received

Roger

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99075

roger it may be worth having it taken to Manthey Tuning who are based near the Nurburgring.....?

but at £63k dont you mean Euro's, I would have thought it would have been written off ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99079

Sundeep. No the estimate is £63,000 sterling!

I couldnt believe it. I should have a better idea of what is going to be the final result later this week.

Car is in England at a Porsche approved repair centre.

Roger

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99101

guy in leeds calle richard very very good with porsches

pm me for his detail

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99135

Manthey are absolutely superb at repairing cars. Their quality of work is second to none and they have all the proper equipment to ensure the car is straight/strengthened where it needs to be etc. At £63k to repair, it sounds like your car much be bent and will need to be jigged. Let Manthey do that as they do that on a regular basis with the various race cars they run during the season. It's also more economical to have them do the repairs given the ££ strength, although be aware that German tax jumps up as of 2007.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99154

Keep the help and advice flowing folks.

Its a bad day weather wise here and you are starting to cheer me up despite the drizzle and cold.

I was amazed at the estimate as the body only requires 2 rear quarter panels and the front and back plastic bits. All of the undertrays have been torn off and a rejig would be needed because of the force of the impact. I am presuming that the biggest element is the damage to the engine. Something must cost all that cash!!

Does any one have experience of Parr Motorsport and reapiring bent machines?

Roger

Migration info. Legacy thread was 99161

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back