Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

targa purchase and new facelift

Christian

Any comments welcome on my experience so far with an attempt to buy a Targa. Brief summary

Ordered Targa 911 Sept 06. Paid 3000 deposit.

Originally had the idea that the Targa would be delivered Jan-March (I know it was just general and helpful conversation with the sales and not binding but this was the general concept that discussed as the car did not officially launch till a week plus later after I ordered)

I was surprised when I was told delivery delayed till June 07 due to low allocation of Targas to the dealers.

Now I reading that Porsche is looking at a new facelift of the 911 and will show at the
Frankfurt
show in August 07 and new model facelift production to start August 07

Now I know this is not 100% sure (new facelift production to start August 07). But you can see all over the internet photos of the new facelift. I can say there are many of these cars around
Frankfurt
at the moment and the facelift is coming for sure very soon. Porsche is not even hiding these cars so they are informing the public of the changes already.

How can I accept to order in Sept 06 and wait 9 months to get the car in June 07 (3-6 months later than planned) and then only 8 weeks later see a new facelift come out?

Any comments welcome as I really want to be the proud owner of a lovely car and spending 80,000 pounds plus. But is this normal ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95836

If it was me I'd wait, its obvious that if you get your car and then the face lift arrived a couple of months later it would the bug the sh*t out of you. :(
It happend to me with a TT and I ended up getting shot of the car (which lost me 1000's !!!) Get them to hold the deposit until a face lift model comes in. If you can't wait get the car as planned and live with it. Personally though, I'd hang on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95876

I'd hang on too

it would bug the crap out of me if i didnt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95878

I'd hang on too - if you don't need a car. But personally as long as the changes were only cosmetic I wouldn't be THAT bothered if a car was on its way too me - if there were mechanical changes - in particular power upgrades etc then I would rather be P car free for a while and get the new car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95891

I'd wait but....and there's always a but....if production of facelift starts in August 07, it would start with mainstream models 1st I would think. You run the risk that you RHD Targa doesn't become available for another 6-9 months. Or more than a year later than you expected.

Talk to your dealer see what he thinks, about a likely delivery date for a facelifted Targa.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 95895

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back