Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Buying - Advice Please

scotia_steve74

Ok, I've finally got round to deciding for real what car to buy now and no other car fits the bill.

Currently I have a Boxster 987 2.7 and would like a GT3 Mk2.

The GT3 I'm after would be silver, black or yellow, CS or at least a car with AC, 2003 or 2004, max miles early 20's.

Ruled out a couple already due to needing 5k work.

1. What's the best way to go about this - my top budget is £50k max, I think my Box is worth 30k tops (trying an add on PH).

2. Do I private sell the Box (seems tough) or trade in to a dealer for a Mk2 (easier).

3. Do I wait until next year - Boxster worth peanuts and will GT3 Mk2 prices fall that much?

Any help, suggestions where to look would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Steve! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92962

Get a good mk1, well within the £50k budget and leaving some spare readies for track consumables - tyres, brakes etc. Could also do some of the upgrades others go for like mk2 brakes or Alcons etc.

Appears from Daz's recent search that you have to pay a bit over 50k to get a good mk2.

There's a Gaurds red mk1 CS in Scotland for sale right now!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92965

I wouldnt say a CS is a must..... obviously there are few CS's on the market...

when a few more 997 GT3's are on the ground the 996 market will suffer a slight dip... but these are still limited volume cars and finding a good one will be tough...

I would say get rid of the Boxster asap as a cash purchase is more power and their values can drop on year and reg changes.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92967

Yes, I'd like to get shot of the Box - prob is a private sale at those values seems tough! I tried to sell a crappy Seat Altea I use for work on Autotrader a while back - pitched it really low - not 1 call - I presume buyers need finance for a family car like that :(
I really want to go for a GT3 Mk2 to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the older headlamps... That Seal Grey one still makes me think that it could be had for good money - 6k to install aircon....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92968

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 23 November 2006

Nice Manthey suspension one here
http://www.gmundcars.com/cars/580/996gt3mkiiclubsport.html
, but a bit over budget.

I have seen it and its the dogs danglies.
over £7k for Manthey suspension ?!?!?!?!

I detect a little bit of of exageration there....

Never been tracked, but it has RS29's and BBS LM's ?????

Call me pessemistic but.......

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92970

Looking for an unmodified car really and 50k tops!

Dont want to down the 996 TT route really!

Is £29.995 too much for the Box or just about right?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92971

It's probably the worst time of year to be selling a cab... You're clearly a good photographer, so I'd just sell the car with as many photos as possible. You should be able to get a buyer relatively quickly, although you may still only get slightly less than you'd like.

But it's also a good time to buy a GT3. The market is slightly soft, and there will be more coming to market over the next 3 months.

Alternatively, wait until Jan/Feb when the Boxster will probably sell more easily and a few more GT3s will be on the market.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93063

Have you seen a mk1 up close and personal? If you're in Edinburgh then I ain't far away and would be happy to give you a look at mine to make sure you're not into them as I think a mk1s the best bet with your budget.

Failing that, i'd try and sell your Boxster and wait 'til next year for some better mk2's to come on the market.

And if you're not gonna change for a while then the seal grey mk2 could be perfect.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93076

It would be great if I could see any GT3 up close - there dont seem to be too many around here :)

I'm not too bothered about AC but it seems like big hassle come sales time and you never know if you need to sell sooner than you thought!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93171

I wouldn't compromise on the A/C... deffo a must unless you are going racing...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93175

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 23 November 2006

It would be great if I could see any GT3 up close - there dont seem to be too many around here :)

Just tell me when suits and you can have a peer at mine. Not getting much use at mo what with the rain and my inherent fear of aquaplaning so an excuse to wheel it out would be welcome. Where are you Steve, I'm nr Falkirk?

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93189

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by scotia_steve74 on 23 November 2006

I'm not too bothered about AC but it seems like big hassle come sales time and you never know if you need to sell sooner than you thought!

If you let me know next time you're going to and from Edinburgh / London, I could show you my Mk.2 Clubsport - office is five minutes off the A1.

Let me know.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93190

Look at that, two offers at the same time. Getting GT3s thrown at you!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93191

GT3 heaven :)

Falkirk is quite close - I'm in Edinburgh so not too far.... Could drive the Box up to have a look... :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93269

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back