Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996tt on 19

siras

hi guys, im thinking of putting 19" techarts on my 996 turbo, the car is lapis blue and im debating getting the wheels colour coded in the same colour with a silver rim, what do you guys think? suggestions please?

also lets have some nice porsches on wheels in this forum

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92790

I don't know of anyone on here with 19s on their 996 - do you have a picture of the wheels.

The 997GT3s with the colour coded wheels look the business!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92838

colouring wheels are a must !

RingPic.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92840

Your wheels aren't yellow though SD.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92884

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by siras on 23 November 2006

hi guys, im thinking of putting 19" techarts on my 996 turbo, the car is lapis blue and im debating getting the wheels colour coded in the same colour with a silver rim, what do you guys think? suggestions please?

also lets have some nice porsches on wheels in this forum

cheers

I have a Lapis Blue TT also, and am considering these wheels in the future...

Aren't they called Techart Formula Wheels ???

Be warned, i think you will have to have your wheel arches rolled, if you are going up to 19"

I am also considering Gemballa ones too.

I don't think colour code will work tbh, they will look best plain silver...

Glenn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92891

Sundeep, I see you have your towing eye installed. Is that a permanent fixture these days with that dodgy battery of yours :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92895

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 23 November 2006

Sundeep, I see you have your towing eye installed. Is that a permanent fixture these days with that dodgy battery of yours :wink:
It was because the previous owner never new when he was going to be in the gravel next :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92898

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 23 November 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 23 November 2006Sundeep, I see you have your towing eye installed. Is that a permanent fixture these days with that dodgy battery of yours :wink:
It was because the previous owner never new when he was going to be in the gravel next :?
[/i:sKCLyBfE0D]

No, no Glenn, it was to show the next owner where it should be fitted! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92940

that was probably because the car came with a C4S manual...... although I still havent found the 4wd system though !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92952

I've got some 18" split rim GT3's with black centres and silver rims and i think they look superb on a black car.....mind you i think a lot of things but it doesn't make them so.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92960

19" Techarts on a 996 Turbo.....

In Basalt though! Hope that helps! Looks the part!! :D

longroadrearwbeq0.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92966

The car on the motorway with the techarts GT's!

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/siras-turbo(1).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108686

I think coloured wheels look best with the darker or grey metallic colours. I'm not sure lapis will suit them.
But it is a personal choice thing.

I don't know if there is any advantage to putting 19's on the car, other than aesthetic reasons.
Porsche never supplied them as an option on the 996.

Only comment I would make is to weigh them (or ask the weight). If they are significantly different to the standard hollow spokes (inc. the tyres), then you might want to consider adjustable dampers to allow for it, otherwise it will alter the handling.

For me, I think it looks better just by lowering it, which will improve the handling as well, and is better than changing the wheels. I'd do this, if it weren't for ground clearance issues (I scrape the splitter every few days as it is).

Personally, I like the RUF wheels.
Some of the fancy spoke designs also increase aerodynamic drag and reduce the top speed by a couple of miles an hour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108729

Someone had black turbo wheels on a black turbo at waddesdon last year - thought looked good ! But of course if the car is riviera blue (see posts on another thread) like the one paragon are selling ... NO!!

Oh and 19"s look great and fill the arches better, especially at the front where i think al cars pre 997 look undertyred, but I think detract a bit from the steering feel. 18" with a small spacer and lowered a few mm looks good if it is looks that you are after.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 108832

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back