Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oh dear!

Max Bowler

Imagine my surprise on cleaning the car this morning to find the following. Especially when it had it's service done earlier in the week at the local OPC who gave the car a full bill of health( followed by a full bill). My interest in replacing the bloody things has just gone up a notch or two. The cracks appear to go most of the way round on the front discs, although the rears appear fine, just e-mailed JZM to get a quote for their alcons and rs29's.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Discs1.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91883

those PCCB's dont seem to last long at all, unless used lightly !

what was the view from your dealer ?

Alcons from JZ are very recommended

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91886

Dealer not aware yet, have just written to Porsche area director complaining .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91899

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Max Bowler on 21 November 2006

warranty claim ? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91904

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:

Are they on the parts list Rob has? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91906

Alcons from JZM are fantastic. Good luck with getting a resolution from Porsche on the PCCBs!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91926

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 21 November 2006

Previous poster said:

ROFPMSL

PS : thats at the concept of a warranty claim, not at your misfortune Max, good luck with the claim, but I'd suggest you get down to JZM and get a set of Alcons.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91955

Not happy the car has only done 20,000km,with not much track abuse. So much for Porsche's life of the car claims, they really should put their hands up and say they're just an expensive gimmick, they just aren't up to the job on a car like the GT3, I would imagine the GT2 must be worse with the extra power and weight.

The moral of the story is if you're looking to buy a new porker and are tempted by all the sales blub, don't be, they are a royal pain in the butt. Save the 7 or 8k and get stock steel ones, then once the warranty has finished, spend that cash you saved on something from AP or Brembo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92323

PCCBs premature failure are a well known problem that I think there is some recognition of at Porsche. But it remains that brake discs are consumables and are generally never covered under warranty. As such, I wouldn't even both waiting for the warranty to expire before swapping over to upgraded Alcons/Brembos.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92360

Already ordered 'em. Don't think I will have any joy with warranty, but got lots of other gripes as well, so complaining to the big cheese.( car coming back from servicing filthy, scratches on front spoiler I had to polish out that weren't there when it went in, 4 days to do a couple of hour lube service, missing the cracks on the discs and delivering the car from Dubai with bald tyres) all in all very happy with the car but not the service.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92371

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back