Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hmmm..which ones?

Philip1972

OK. That sports exhaust itch is just getting worse so it looks like the piggy bank is going to get robbed. I will be getting the Porsche system thats a definate.
But which tips do I go for and where are they the cheapest? The choice seems to be the oval tube or the four tube types.
All opinions welcomed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91095

I would look at the tubi system before you make your mind up.Stunning sound and cheaper at £1400 fitted.My car has the boring standard exhaust and I may be selling it v.soon as I may have the chance at a F430 Spider,but if I dont get rid then I will definately be having a tubi fitted even though its not OEM.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91096

I hear you William. I looked at these too and discussed them with my Indie. But the car has a warranty OPC and I dont care what anyone says there is a grey area about having a tubi on. My indie said that he would just put the old one on if the engine went bang but thats not going to work if I cant get it back to him!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91097

philip, remind me what car you have... ?

but if it;s OEM then 4 tips 'looks' more

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91100

Its a 996 C2.
I thought 4 tips but just cant make my mind up!
I have got my indie quote of £1495 for the PSE with the switch. I realise that I will probably never use the switch but the novelty value showing your friends is worth it!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91105

Philip - how much without the switch - just out of interest?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91109

The system is-I think- £1073+VAT. Then 5 hours labour at £40..The labour is only 2 hours with no switch... Cheap I reckon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91111

I'd still save yourself the switch. You won't ever use it - sounds to good with out it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91125

I have PSE on my GT3 - fitted *with* the switch at the expense of the previous owner :D
- it sounds really good.

Only annoying thing with PSE is the relay turns the exhaust sound off at speeds between 30 and 45mph - there's an excellent and very simple fix for this on Renntech if you do go ahead - took me 10 minutes :wink:

I'm sure the Tubi and other systems sound better - but if you've a warranty on the car PSE is probably the only way to go.

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91135

I'd go oval, not sure the 4 pipe will suit it, maybe if it had a kit on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91140

Imho, I'd go oval as well. 2 bazooka pipes, refined and flush as can be, just looks the biz. I'm with Philip on this - PSE on GT3 is fantastic - mine had PSE before it got Manthey'd and I think I *almost* prefer the PSE!

My old pipes...
P1030537x_adj_640px.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91148

PSE on a 3?

I thought the 3's system was different to a C2/4

Was this for mk1 or 2, or both??

Will it affect db levels for t/days?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91164

Thanks for the input guys-I think oval is the way to go! SWMBO liked the 4 tubes but can see that they may look a bit "chav" on an otherwise standard C2. Bloody dear though at £300 + VAT!
Watch this space-I wonder if they can be fitted before Bedford??? HHmmm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91178

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 19 November 2006
PSE on a 3?

I thought the 3's system was different to a C2/4

Was this for mk1 or 2, or both??

Mine's a Mk.2 and it was fitted by AFN Reading - so they should know what they're doing? :D

Previous poster said:
Quote:
Will it affect db levels for t/days?

I don't use her for trackdays as I've a dedicated track car - but if I were to - there's the switch on the dashboard for when the scrutineer's near with the noise meter :D

Philip

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91184

I have been looking on Carnewal-is a 996 a P96 or P97?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91187

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back