Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Alarm

Max Bowler

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but how do you stop the seat belt alarm going off every time if you're wearing the 6 point harness?

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91081

what car do you have ?

that's very stange ??

a 997 ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91083

Mk2 GT3, not sure if it's an embuggerance for the middle east. Constant beeping as soon as you pull off, and as you accelerate it gets louder, very annoying.

Max

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91084

with a harness system the system is disabled, so an electrical fault for sure

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91088

How does the harness disable it? Surely it's just a mechanical bolt in. The original seat belt is still fitted as well. Do I need to remove this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91093

5542 posts, do you ever sleep?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91094

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Max Bowler on 18 November 2006

How does the harness disable it? Surely it's just a mechanical bolt in. The original seat belt is still fitted as well. Do I need to remove this?
you have the keep the original seat belt, as wearing the harness all the time doesnt really work. . . . . unless you do ?

there is a sensor, but for now you could get just a normal seat belt clips and put that in place.. but it should like the system to disable the sensor doesn't work.....

never realise the 996 had this as the only 996 I ever driven is my own GT3 !

and I have a special interest in the site.... and you should pop down to the go-karts at b'ham wheels next sat !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91101

Sundeep Birmingham is a long way from Dubai!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91103

I think Max is in Saudi Sundeep!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91104

Under the seat there is a connector that you just have to pull apart. Then the seat belt warning light comes off.

Henrik in Sweden , black 996 GT3 mk2

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/GT3_gadekær_small(5).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91106

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 18 November 2006

Sundeep Birmingham is a long way from Dubai!
he's got WEST BROMWICH in his sig, that's near brum, last time I checked ! so now I am confused !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91130

West Brom is around the corner from me. Im sure I'm in the UK! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91132

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back