Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best Value for Money Upgrade

Seagull

Estoril
I took the Fabspeed induction system off and tried running her with just the Fabspeed silencers/tips today. The result was that, by comparrison, she felt really sluggish. The engine just didn't rev up anywhere nearly so quickly.

Conclusion - for less than £200 + VAT, this has got to be the best value for money upgrade you can fit to your 996 and it increases the sound a bit, especially when you change gear at high revs and floor the throttle.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88473

Do you have a pic of the Fabspeed induction kit? Does it replace the regular airbox?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88480

focused air induction works amazingly well.......

have you cleaned the fabspeed induction ? assuming you can, there is always a lot of dirty captured in the air process

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88489

Best value for money upgrade! :)

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_2622s(2).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88521

I agree. Mine sounds great with the new exhaust. I did run it prior with the standard muffler and it did provide some improvement.

Easy to fit and clean the filter, no stuffing around with the mass air sensor either - simply bolts straight on. Took me 20 mins tops and most of the time was spent unscrewing the standard air box to put a new filter in and then popping the screws back in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88537

Stu - I had a look at these a while ago - but I think the one you have said not suitable for tips. Kind of put me off as I thought th etip may make it more complicated. May have to have a look at yours when we next meet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88575

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 08 November 2006

Do you have a pic of the Fabspeed induction kit? Does it replace the regular airbox?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Fabspeed%20Induction.gif

You just remove the box within the air box and add the blanking plug to the hole using 2 of the 3 screws you removed, then fit the hose with 2 of the 3 jubilee clips from the original. Couple this with a K&N filter and Bob's your mother's brother.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88658

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 09 November 2006

Best value for money upgrade! :)

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_2622s(2).jpg
But Stevo, that's the airbox from a 993 - this post is in the 996 section

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88659

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 09 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 08 November 2006

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Fabspeed%20Induction.gif

You just remove the box within the air box and add the blanking plug to the hole using 2 of the 3 screws you removed, then fit the hose with 2 of the 3 jubilee clips from the original. Couple this with a K&N filter and Bob's your mother's brother.
I'll have to print out this picture and compare it to my engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88682

So Poo,

From memory I had to specify whether my car was a manual or tiptronic so I am assuming that they make a different one for tips. Check the online order form at
www.fabspeed.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88930

Just watched that Fabspeed video of the "cold air kit"... not really a good ad as the 'before' video had him shortshifting really low down, whereas the 'after' had him shifting right at the top of the rev range! :?
It seems the kit is really just a panel filter + cut out to draw air from the general [hot] engine bay?

If you really want cold air induction, I think the Cup filter + filter shroud is a proven way to go...
P1050213x.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88946

It does make a big difference Ade. It draws air down the same route as the original airbox but the silicone based hose is a better insulator than the OEM one and has a smooth interior. The advantages are, an increased air box volume thanks to the removal of the bypass pipe and the sealed box, slightly cooler air and a less turbulent airflow to the throttle body. Net result is better intake sound and an engine which revs up far more quickly than the standard arrangement.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89220

I'm sure it must sound better: is the replacement air filter oil soaked gauze or still paper based? I know the cotton gauze filters (panel or cone) do allow a higher air throughput compared to the normal paper based filters.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89221

The kit for the ordinary 996 is different from the one for the GT3. I've put a K&N washable filter in mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89222

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 10 November 2006
The kit for the ordinary 996 is different from the one for the GT3. I've put a K&N washable filter in mine.

I had a good experience with K&N washable filters in my previous cars: they always gave a nice induction sound and you could tell that the car was breathing slightly easier too (slightly quicker response on rev).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 89223

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
964Turbo.3.3Mike
Back