Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel tank capacity

Dave

Portimao
Does the tank capacity vary between the C2 C4 and TT. (996 models) I always fill up when the range indicates around 30 miles left and in the C2 Targa it would cost me £55ish. In the TT it is under £45. I know petrol has dropped in price but not by 20%.

Interestingly the fuel consumption on my targa was 20mpg before I fitted the PSE, it then dropped to 16Mpg. :eek:
Consumption on the TT is currently 16.5mpg and I have been exploring the power on it. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87985

I get between 53 and 58 litres in my C2. Never more than that. Isn't it a 63 ltr tank?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87987

I did think they all came with the same size tank - I might be wrong though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87991

even mine struggles to get over 50 litres in, even when near empty !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87993

So does that mean on the way to LM we'll have to stop every 5 minutes for you to fill up with fuel?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88001

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 07 November 2006

So does that mean on the way to LM we'll have to stop every 5 minutes for you to fill up with fuel?
Well that and beer Yes :D

Seriously on a long run I would expect a range of 300+ miles

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88003

My computer always suggests that i've got a long range ahead after a fill up but after about 10 miles its ambitious estimates seem to fall by about 30 miles! LeMans tank range is a concern of mine!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 07 November 2006

My computer always suggests that i've got a long range ahead after a fill up but after about 10 miles its ambitious estimates seem to fall by about 30 miles! LeMans tank range is a concern of mine!

Dunc
Mine often starts up at 390-400 miles. Got about 360-370 from a tank on the way up through France on the Peage. Would have been better but Kate drove for some of it and she has a heavy foot!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88008

I get anything up to 60 litres in mine when I fill up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88145

LH drive

have bigger tanks approx 85 litres i think

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88148

Chris Harris wrote an article about this in GT & PP mag. He had a 996 TT and his one complaint was the fuel capacity

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88166

I'd missed this thread up to now. Chris Harris' complaint wasn't so much the fuel capacity, more the fact that the 4WD cars' fuel gauges are only accurate for the first half of each fill. After that the the computer calculates the remaining fuel based on the thirst during the initial stages (that's Harris' account anyway).

Have a look at GT & PP Aug 06 - it's an amusing article. Poor Chris had about 30 wrists extended from car windows as he sat at the side of the M4 having run out of fuel - all too visual an image! Thing is, I reckon this was caused by the sight of his sideburns, not the broken down Turbo. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91635

I regularly run the car down to --- on the gauge, at which point it varies between 58-63 litres. Regarding the 4wd partial refill, if you put less than 1/2 tank in when the low fuel indicator is on the needle will not move....unless you do a few laps of Silverstone, I partially filled the car during a trackday and the needle didn't move however a few hard corners later the needle 'nudged' into it's correct position.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 91644

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 07 November 2006
LH drive
have bigger tanks approx 85 litres i think

Actually, I read Chris Harris saying that LHD have bigger tanks in GT Purely Porsche too - not my left hand drive or any other LHD in Japan for that matter.......Are they different in Germany I wonder.....Somehow doesn't seem viable to me....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92266

I think it was an option on LHD cars to get a larger tank.
The standard (and only one on RHD cars) is 64 litres.
I have never managed more than 60.
64 litres is the same for C4S and C2.
The fuel gauge does not reset unless you more than half fill it. Just putting a tenner in will not show on the guage.

Normally I fill up at 50-55 (11-12 galllons).

Remaining range at fill up varies from 10-50 miles depending on amount remaining and whether the fuel consumption before filling was 15mpg or 25mpg.

I get about 250 miles between fill ups, sometimes less.
Range is an issue, if you want to go a long way.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 92315

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back