Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1st German to get his RS....

Glenn Mc

RS1.jpg

RS2.jpg

RS3.jpg

nice reg !
His write up.............1.Hi,I just picked up my GT3 RS in Zuffenhausen today.For those of you who are interested: It is an absolute incredible car! Forget about all the possible options, even the sunroof, it doesn't matter. The sound is just amazing; the grip – even in the wet and with cold temperatures (today only 4 Degree Celsius around the area of Stuttgart) – is simply phenomenal! Acceleration / power is smoothly disturbed along the 8.400 revs. There is almost no difference in acceleration between 0-100 km/h and 100 - 200 km/h. Just try to pass a fast car on a German Autobahn and you are beyond 200 km/h and more - wondering why you never feel some resistance … it just doesn't stop to accelerate – incredible (for "only" 415 hp). The steering is sharp, maybe some under steer – but for driving on the street – in my opinion – a good setup. (Higher temperature will change things of course).The look is unique. With this car (my is in orange) you're a pop star on the street from the first day. No driver / car has passed by without sending a smile or showing his thump. Funny: There was a big S-Mercedes – the driver seems to be a successful business man - just cranks his window, putting the right hand to his ear just to say – please, give me more sound He passed me by for three times with a big This car is loud, this car is frightening, this car is pure emotions! Worth every Euro you spend on it!Sunday I will be at the Nürburgring, next Saturday at Hockenheim. I will give you some more detail information after that.997 GT3 RS rules!MobilePS: For those who would like to have his RS in white - just be persistent! It will be worth it ... (But I like the Idea of Mr. Preuninger – different RS, different unique (!) color.Difference to the 996 GT3 RS:- less tricky to drive, without reducing emotions or fun- louder (just push the sport button, and you will know what I mean)- incredible stable at high velocities (more trustful than any carrera, I have driven)- more rev-dynamic 2.Just came back from a day full of GT3 RS. Boy oh boy, what a machine! I guess I need some glass of wine now to calm down. I was thinking to call the doctor, because I couldn't stop driving: This car gives you so much pleasure … unbelievable. Sorry, not that much time for pictures yet. A friend took some quick pictures. Please find attached some examples. More to come … (Only the first picture comes close to reality. The other two pictures didn't show the real dimensions.)Answer to your questions – and thanks for your comments:White RS-colour: I talked to Mr. Preuninger and also to some Porsche Service employees. What I understand is that they won't offer white officially as an option. But for those who would buy a RS only if Porsche will offer it in white – they will get it in white, but without the RS-stripe. But you have to be persistent. Because Porsche wants each RS-Model to be unique. (Every model has some unique features. For example the 996 RS has a sticker on the trunk. The 997 RS now has the sticker on the bonnet.)Sport-Button: In "Normal Modus" the sport exhaust is only working above 4.000 – 5.000 revs. In "Sport Modus" the exhaust is working much more below. The difference in sound is incredible huge. Push the "Sport button", step on the gas and you won't understand a word. Even it is totally legal – I switched the Sport-Button from "Sport" to "Normal" because a police car has stopped right next to me. Accelerating in "Sport Modus" – even slowly - he properly would have wanted to find out if this car is really legal. (Given the fact that it looks like a real race car.)Yeah, I read the TG report. Unfortunately I'm not a professional tester for sport car magazines. If so – I would say: Yeah, he is right Funny story: I went to my dealer today, where everyone wanted to see the RS. I never saw that much interest in a car. Tomorrow is the presentation of the new Targa. Now my Porsche centre complains that if I will come with the RS tomorrow, no one wanted to see the Targa anymore. They could stop the presentation at that point. They have no doubt about it Sorry, maybe I'm a little bit too enthusiastic … but there is time for criticism and there is time for passion. No it is time for passion.God i need this car !G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87494

i want one!

great write up, when is yours due Glen?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87501

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 November 2006

i want one!great write up, when is yours due Glen?
January hopefully mate...

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87506

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Manthey Man on 05 November 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 05 November 2006

i want one!great write up, when is yours due Glen?
January hopefully mate...

G.
So definately Jan then - not March!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 87518

Manthey Man, you getting shy to post ? :wink:

A few more pics............
rspic4.jpg

Rspic2.jpg

RSpic1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88654

Worth the extra £15K though? They do look amazing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88694

awesome car.

Chris, the wide body alone is worth the 15k!!! ;-)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88698

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 09 November 2006

awesome car.

Chris, the wide body alone is worth the 15k!!! ;-)
Not that you're biased with your C4S!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88701

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back