Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2S Pics

sTTu

Spa-Francorchamps
So I got one and love it, much better than the A4 Cab :D
Went for safe silver with Ocean blue. Nice and shiny !
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/9971.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86502

nice...

you say you went safe on the colour, but what caught your eye ?

and what's the full spec ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86506

The 997 C2S certainly has some grunt! Looks shiny too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86519

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 31 October 2006

nice...

you say you went safe on the colour, but what caught your eye ?

and what's the full spec ?
Well the whole colour issue on cars is a bit of a ***** for me, I love black but the 997 IMHO looks better in the lighter colours (black 996 C4S is fab - pure badness!) don't like seal, sorry! We had a mondaeo that colour it just put me off. Atlas is nice too but silver is just "easy" one wash every three months and its as good as new !! Must say the Ocean blue leather is really nice, just not 100% on the Ocean blue steering wheel though :roll:

Spec is Nav Phone modualBose6 CDDimming mirror & wing mirrorsSunroofPark sensorsCruiseHeated Seats Elec Memory seats Wheel crestsI think there are a couple of other bits too but can't remember.

Stinky fast too !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86526

What were your reasons for a two over a four? I would probably go for a C2 as well!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86528

Oh yeah, just remembered something.... coolest thing for me is no dipstick and a button to make the spoiler go up and down, oh and Xenons, they're great !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86529

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 31 October 2006

What were your reasons for a two over a four? I would probably go for a C2 as well!
Didn't see the point going for a four, I do six miles a day to work and back and zip about in the wifes RAV4 at weekends with the kids so I'll not use it that much. I though the C2S was more than enough plus from what I read the C2S has been mentioned as a purer drive and with PSM off and the PASM on its a bad enough MOFO for me any day of the week. Also I know sod all about Porsches really so I just bought what I fancied. I was going to go for a 996 C4S but after driving both back to back the 997 C2S seemed lighter and had a better gear box, plus the idea of the extra few BHP appealed, mind you its thirsty, only getting 15mpg today.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86532

The 997 is a much better car than the 996 too. Feels so different. 15mpg just means you're driving it right!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86533

lovely motor, does look good in silver

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86538

and one from the back...
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Backend.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86641

Fantastic car, good work!

I have the same car with a black interior! My gear change is a ***** though, but give Porsche their due they are dealing with it.

Have fun

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86652

Welcome and a great looking car! :)

Do you really only wash once every 3 months and think it will look good again? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86670

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 01 November 2006

Welcome and a great looking car! :)

Do you really only wash once every 3 months and think it will look good again? :D
Hello G-Unit, when I first started reading this forum I though a G-Unit was some sort of third party upgrade :D
to a 911 (and some may say it is!!!!) I think perhaps we need to have a chat at some point!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86685

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HRobinson on 01 November 2006
Fantastic car, good work!
I have the same car with a black interior! My gear change is a ***** though, but give Porsche their due they are dealing with it.
Have fun
Matt

Lovely car, Mr. Robinson, what is the problem with your gear change? Clutch or actually stiffness of the gear change in itself?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86687

Hi Servo

Its actually Matt Buckland but i had problems logging in a while back so i joined again as the missus! and used her name. Porsche changed the clutch hydraulics and clutch itself earlier but that hasn't remedied the trouble so are changing the DM flywheel next week.

I don't think that will be the end of it as the car is now difficult to get into gear on occasion and has jumped out twice, also a large shudder runs through the car when changing down/ releasing clutch. Good job Porsche gave me permission to keep using it though or i may have been a little less patient.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86696

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back