Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen washers

Dave Barker

Hi, Iam new to Porsche only having been an owner for four weeks.

My windscreen washers appear to have packed up on my 91 964 Carrera 2. I cannot hear the pump working when operating the wiper stalk. The headlamp washers and intensive cleaning system are ok. Am I correct in thinking that the washer bottle and pump are hidden away under the nearside front wing, and is there a fuse and or relay that deals with the windsceeen washers please? Any help greatly received..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85960

could be a pipe issue, are there any leaks when you use the system ?

if it;s like the 993 then it is all hidden underneath the top of the bonnet (opp side to the fuses) rather than in the wing , it's the container which is in the near side wing,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85997

The washer system on 964 models uses one way valves in the pipes to stop too much leak back when left. These valves become stuck when not used for a while this then stops flow to the screen. The valves are located under the heater scuttle trim on either side of screen. Try these first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86230

Hi

Still having problems!! Have removed the heater scuttle trim in search of the windscreen washer pump. Cannot find it here or in the luggage area. Come to the conclusion it must be part of the water container assembly along with the headlamp washer pump under the nearside front wing as the pipes from the windsceen jets seem to dissapear in this direction. If this is the case do you know how I can get to it. There is no noise from the windscreen washer pump when the wiper stalk is operated, but the intensive cleaning and headlamp washers both work ok. Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86644

Yes, washer pump is attached to the bottle under the n/s front wing. To access you need to jack up and remove the fron n/s wheel and remove the wheel arch liner. It should be fairly clear from there. Do check the fuse first, there is a list in the lid of the fuse box which should help you find the right one.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86672

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back