Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Big grin!

Atte

Well have only had my 996 for a week. I decided to go to the supermarket this morning. Its about 2 miles away.I live quite near a lot of nice Derbyshire countryside and twisty long roads. Hmm i thought i will just go via here...... Two hours and sixty miles later i am still whizzing round the countryside and have yet to reach the supermarket :lol:

I also wondered if Porsche people wave at each other like the Lotus lot do. Well when passing another 911 i got a wave and a beep of the horn. Although i passed two Boxters and they both blanked me. I suppose they wer'e running late for their two o'clock :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85785

Same here - I've only had mine just over 2 weeks and it's always the long way home :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85838

Here in Sweden Porsche drivers wave to each others in the traffic. Sometimes I catch myself doing it when I drive my company car, so the Porsche driver I'm waving at is probably wondering why that guy in the Audi is waving :)

Henrik from Sweden, black GT3 MKII

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85841

Well done buddy,

lots more smiles per miles to come

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85843

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 28 October 2006

Well done buddy,

lots more smiles per miles to come
ditto, I do that a lot to get out of london.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85869

I had a good drive back from London today, all the way through the Cotwolds. Great weather fab drive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85945

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 29 October 2006

I had a good drive back from London today, all the way through the Cotwolds. Great weather fab drive!

Might have passed you, I was up around Tetbury/Westonbirt - like you say, lovely day for driving in the country with those gorgeous autumnal colours :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85948

You lucky lot. 10 hours decorating today :roll:

Having the day off on Wednesday though for an interview so big hoon on then!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85959

guy in front of me today nearly got took out by a 06 Cayman on a two lane road, not dual carriageway. He decided he needed to get in the left hand lane and:

manoeuvered first , then indicated and was still holding his phone. Luckily the guy in front had some room to his left.

they are just not 911

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85973

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 29 October 2006

they are just not 911
There is no substitute :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85974

Nice to hear of someone new with the big grin. BTW if you decode the options sticker under the hood you will find that it is a standard option called Smiletronic. It is activated by an intricate sequence involving the peddles at your feet and the wheel in front of you.

I always acknowledge other 911 drivers and I notice the majority do the same. In the main Boxster drivers appear to be a bit more insular, perhaps it is just a demographic thing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86060

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SeanD on 30 October 2006

I always acknowledge other 911 drivers and I notice the majority do the same.
I acknowledge other 911's, 993's always flash/wave as do the older one 964-SC ect.. :D
not much from the 996's.. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86066

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 30 October 2006

Previous poster said:

I acknowledge other 911's, 993's always flash/wave as do the older one 964-SC ect.. :D
I always acknowledge - but I know what you mean - some 996 drivers have a dazed look on their faces when you wave at them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86072

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 30 October 2006

Previous poster said:

Think its a regional / model issue. 911's are common as muck down here, especially West London & M4 corridor. Never get acknowleded, but then most owners in the area are not enthusiasts, it's just another car to them. The older ones tend to be owned by the enthusiasts so no doubt more acknowledgement. Can honestly say I've only been acknowledeged twice in mine, once by another GT3 & once by a Boxster.

The Lotus is a different story altogether. Always seem to get a wave or a flash from Elan's, Elise's, Exige's doesn't seem to matter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86073

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 29 October 2006

guy in front of me today nearly got took out by a 06 Cayman on a two lane road, not dual carriageway. He decided he needed to get in the left hand lane and:

manoeuvered first , then indicated and was still holding his phone. Luckily the guy in front had some room to his left.

they are just not 911
That must be the same Cayenne driver who nearly took out the fellas girlfriend in her pug 206 (long long hilarious PH thread). Thats two people he's nearly taken out in a week :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86083

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back