Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sub £60k low mileage 996 Turbo's ?

Porsche

Donnington
where exactly I ask ! well a friend of mine is looking for something with no more than about 24k miles on the clock, must be a manual of course but lower the mielage better and is wondering where they all are.....

and he ain't kidding there ain't much about ? anyone seen any knocking about ? pity at this price most will have the awful PCM 1 but still he'll get one last go with cassette's !

anyway also what advice and tips and general knowledge and all that buying advice on the 996 TT is greatly appreciated !

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85515

Well 24K will be the problem, there are 10 for sale within 40 miles on me on autotrader with between 28K and 38K miles and under £60K.

That seems like a lot of choice to me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85521

OPC Swindon have one for £60K with 27.5K miles that should fit the bill. It will be difficult to find a 4/5 year old car with on 24K on the clock.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85522

Why so low on the miles - it doesn't mean you will get a better car? And why 24K, why not 30K?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85527

I think Clutch changes hover around every 20-30k mark, but have heard of them goin in under 10k in some cases, so best check.

Check front rads, as they are prone to leaks from stone chips etc..

They eat rear tyres every 6-8k on hard road use.

Bose is a very worth while option.

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85531

Plus the 4 year service is approx £1200 as the plug need replacing

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85734

although he's found one...

some useful advice from mr TT Stu...

I think the flurry of changing perfectly good cars at low prices to get a 997 TT is over. I think talk of falling prices may be a little over stated (just gut feel, I haven't looked closely).So, this means a low mileage car is going to cost.Also I suspect that people with low mileage cars aren't in any rush to change now. If they wanted the latest, they probably have already done it.Of course there will be the odd one that comes up from time to time, but they will probably go to OPCs and be priced accordingly.I don't think the servicing is that bad.24K is a bigger service, due to the plugs and other stuff, but so what. You can't run these things on a shoestring.Even if the clutch is knackered, it's "only" a grand to get it changed.To be honest, if a grand is an issue, then you may want to consider if it is the right car. A set of tyres is getting that way, a new turbo costs more than that as well, and Insurance will be in the 4 figure ball park.It' a 90-100K car with reasuringly expensive bits.Anyway, if just used on road, then it is not that bad. I get the car rolling, then floor it. So I am gentle on the clutch.After 36K I think I am only half way through itI just commute in it, so don't go too mental due to the traffic, and the bits don't wear out that fast. I get more than 6-8K miles out of the tyres.I suppose the other thing to look for on a 4-5 year old car is whether the air con needs servicing.You can extend the warranty to 9 years or 120K miles, so the engine, gearbox and driveshafts are covered.Suspension is not, nor are interior electrical items such as radio, sat nav, etc.But it'll need to be non-modified, or at least capable of being returned to standard to comply.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86098

When I researched the 996 TT a month ago, an OPC buyer told me that 02/03 vintage 996TT's would continue to depreciate at 5-6K per year for the next two years providing they were purchased at a reasonable price. Mark Pearce also adviced me that continue depreciate by approx 15K over the next 24mths.

last months Class's guide trade 'book' price for 996 TT's are as follows:-

02/52 with 23,000 miles £50,650

03/52 with 23,000 miles £52,000

03/03 with 21,000 miles £53,700

03/53 with 19,000 miles £55,600

These values assume expected options such as Sat/Nav etc are fitted and the car has a full history. Generally, dealers are offering £500 - £1,000k under Book.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86497

good info there David

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86505

Always useful to know book prices!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 86527

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back