Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Passenger window

Paul Vahey

Not even one week in and a few niggling problems have appeared with my C4 Cab, 53.

The passenger window seems to have developed a mind of its own when shut. Sometimes it works perfectly, ie a slight drop in the window then shuts fully once door is fully shut. Other times, you can shut the door and the window winds itself down about a third of the way! For no reason. On a few occasions, the window doesnt even drop that few millimetres and then doesnt quite seal properly.

Also, I have the hard top on at the mo and the seal at the top corner of the passenger window doesnt seem great and there is a bit of 'knocking' from the roof in that corner on rough London roads.

Lastly, my rear screen demist doesnt appear to work anymore. It did last week when I picked the car up!

Am I the only one with these issues or has anyone come across them before. If so, any solutions? Or even any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84904

Paul - did you buy private? If not just take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

I have the rear screen not de-misting, took the hardtop off and put it on again and it worked. Could also check the fuse - if no luck with my previous technical answer.

The window probably needs looking at by an OPC.

You are pretty close to me, I'm only just north of Tewkesbury (work in Twigworth).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84911

Didn't the boxsters have this funny window issue too, would just go off and do there own thing. Doesn't solve your problem though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 84921

If the fault is only on the one window it would appear that you may have a faulty door lock or window motor in that door. It will need further tests to establish which one though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85091

Thanks for these. I have managed to speak with the dealer and there is s reset sequence for the windows that should work apparently.

I will try it and post the solution as and when it works or I have tried it.

P

Migration info. Legacy thread was 85299

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back