Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What are these....?

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

My local OPC made the following notes after inspecting my 996:

- No air splitters and scoops front

- No rear air splitters

- 2 cam solinoid seals need replacing

I think the splitters and scoops are something to do with the plastic bits under the car but are they essential?

Where are the cam solinoid seals and could I replace them?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80657

John,

The scoops and splitters that you refer to are for helping to direct the air flow under the car to places of use, ie brake cooling and radiator exhaust. They do an important job but are not essential, however if they were not needed they would not be there.

The cam solonoid seals are on both cam covers and seal the entry of the solonoids for vairiocam actuators.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80690

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

thanks for the help electech.

is it possible for a DIY'er (me) to replace the cam seals. I'm no strager to car mechanics so it doesn't worry me, i'd just like to know if it's something best left to OPC or if its a simple job that doesn't need the engine out.

where would i get such seals from?

if they are leaking (not dripping) is this a problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 80695

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back