Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selecting Reverse Blows Fuse

Joe M

Hi, when I put my car in reverse it blows the fuse (no.14) for the fog lights.
I know ( or I think I do) that the reverse lights share relay R01 with the rear fog lights.
I've swapped the relay with another that I know to be good but the problem persists....
Before I get too down and dirty checking the reverse light on the gear box I would welcome any suggestions..
and yes I have searched but to no avail.
I assume that, as the reverse selector switch on the gearbox only closes the circuit it would it would fail on or off
and any short in the circuit would leave the lights on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77634

Joe, check the bulbs. Sometimes the filaments start to short out and cause problems, especially as they get old (likely with reversing bulbs)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77635

Thanks Asim. I'll check them out when I fit my new(ish) headlamp lens - hint, hint. I hope you enjoyed Scotland.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77640

Thanks for the tips. It turned out it was one of the bulb holders had corroded inside. £200 to replace the small 4 bulb loom (!), or a couple of hours, a picture hook, a bit of solder and some clear bathroom sealant to stop it happening again. Job done!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77881

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back