Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TMC in 996

Kirk1176

Hi All,

Seems like i'm plagued with little problems with my 996.

Got a 40th Anniversary with PCM with SatNav, Telephone etc. According to the 996 PCM users manual, I'm supposed to have TMC under the Info button but it's not there.

Spoke to the dealer and they say that TMC didn't come in until the MY05 911 with the DVD based SatNav system - is this right? Is it an option? Seems odd since AFAIK it's all delivered over radio.

Also seems odd that the manual is dated 07/03 when the feature wasn't available??? Do I have to configure anything to see the TMC-all and TMC-Route options in the Info menu?

*edit* I have PCM v3.0 running and have map discs dated 08.2005

Thanks again(!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77627

Not sure on the details of PCM, but you are correct, TMC is delivered via radio (Classic FM I believe)

However, you will need to make sure that your nav disc is TMC enabled- the codes that enable the system to display TMC info are on the nav disc. Not impossible therefore that the info was on DVD discs rather than CD ROM discs so your dealer may be correct.

Odd though that it is mentioned in your manual... there were licencing issues with TMC in as much as it was not necessarily available in all countries. The manufacturer had to sign an agreement to be able to use the system and Porsche GB may not have done so in the UK til recently, and hence only available on the latest discs.

I don't know how easy the Porsche systems are to upgrade- you can change the disc reader and firmware to the latest version very easily in a BMW.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78972

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back