Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Would You Buy This C4S

sTTu

Spa-Francorchamps
HiNeed a bit of advice please, been looking for a C4S, found one at a OPC spec is 04 car in blue / black, 14000 miles, looks very clean.

It doesn't have satnav, bose or sunroof but does have:-18" Turbo Look II WheelAluminium-coloured instrument dialsBi-Xenon lighting systemGear and handbrake lever in dark burr mapleHeated seatsPorsche Crest embossed on head restraintsRear wiperSoft ruffled leather seatsSports exhaust systemThree-spoke sports steering wheel dark burr mapleTop tinted windscreen

Is this a good spec and any ideas on what would be a good OPC price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77422

Welcome!

Not a huge fan of wood in 911s personally, and I suspect from a resale point of view it is worth holding out for a car with PCM and Bose as most seem to have it, unless of course it is cheaper than others out there... sports exhaust is definitely a plus, esp if is the switchable one.

If it is at an OPC- price... whatever one might expect + 10%! :wink:

There are quite a few about- are you wedded to this one particularly?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77427

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by sTTu on 02 October 2006

It doesn't have satnav, bose or sunroof but does have:-
has everything else, although only sat nav is the mordern must, but then you can buy and upgrade to a better aftermarket version

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77476

It doesn't have satnav, bose or sunroof but does have:-

has everything else, although only sat nav is the mordern must, but then you can buy and upgrade to a better aftermarket version

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thanks for the feedback, I'm still a bit 50/50 on the wood, its on the steering wheel, handbrake and gear stick, its not on the dash, wood on the dash of cars IMHO is well bad ! Sunroofs to me are pointless too, climate control is much better :) Its too expensive at nearly £53K.....would you agree?, any ideas on what the sensible OPC price should be ?

Thanks in advance

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77487

if you're not happy then don't

but some parts are easily changed, e.g. steering wheel

if it's too expensive then there are lot of indy's out there with good cars and some with not !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77502

I dont thionk you can charge over £49,995 for a C4s

£52/53 will get you a 997 C2, if not now certainly be Xmas

similar mileage and with sat nav with a little luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 77506

i think it's personal choice. I looked at a lot of c4s's before buying a 997 c2s recently, and wouldn't have bought that one because of the wood and lack of satnav.

Worth keeping an eye on Maranello in Surrey who often have a good choice of Porsche and cetainly from the ones I've looked at, prepare them well. Also they are better priced than OPC's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78608

I have a C4S,

yours with the exception of sports pse is poorly speced,

main options the majority want are sat nav, bose, sunroof, sports exhaust, and zenons, with the exception of the pse the other things are disproportinately expensive to retro fit.

As long as you dont care about resale you should be looking at around £49k tops, if not walk away.

Blue isnt the best colour either, with seal/black and silver being favs.

Mileage is low, though I purchased my C4S a year ago with 14k miles and it is a 03 plate for £45k and a wtty, needed tyres at the time, so say £46k

So £49k is the money you should be looking at

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78609

A good C4S's will be £45K before long

If youre spending over £50K, your in 997 territory

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78619

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back